Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: radiant floor heat  (Read 3012 times)

rclay1981

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 600HE
    • View Profile
radiant floor heat
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »

i'm wanting to install radiant floor heat under my floor joist. does anyone have suggestions on a good how to book or someone to talk too about the layout and design
thanks for the help

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
Re: radiant floor heat
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

I have been looking into that too, there is a company in NH , that has a good site and they are very helpful the site is something like radiant heat . Com
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »

i'm wanting to install radiant floor heat under my floor joist. does anyone have suggestions on a good how to book or someone to talk too about the layout and design
thanks for the help

There's a company in northern Vermont that specializes in this type of retro fit radiant floor.  Their web site is www.RadiantCompany.com.  Their web site has a place where you can input the type of floor you presently have, the square footage you want to heat and they will send you in the mail a quote for the cost of it.  They'll even send to you everything you need to make it work.  I've been looking into the same thing and now I know how sweat equity I'll have to put into it for to happen.  I'm willing to do the work once I save my pennies to purchase what I need.  I hope this helps.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Hydronix

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Effecta
  • OWF Model: 35kw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »

Go directly to Uponor, Taco, Zurn radiant, Stadler - Viega, Tekmar. They all have material, controls, sizing & layout calculators and design software. Can't get any better info than direct from the manufacturers who make the stuff. Request literature and their design and installation catalogues, shipped free to your door. Its pricey stuff, mostly the aluminum panels.

johnybcold

• OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »

Did you guys do this yet? I am working on it now I am hoping to use some kind of aqua valve
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »

I put in my underfloor radiant pipes 2 years ago now and all is working well. The cellar lines in the concrete went in 5 years ago. Used the book below for most of my info and ran one room to figure out the easiest way to snake it through the floor joists, made my own all in one hangers/spacers/joist supports and covered it all with foil foam foil. Then dry walled it all in as the finishing touch. I have 10 zones with room for expansion, super warm feet and a house where you would never know it is winter outside. Would be glad to answer any questions. I have had two plumbing and heating guys say I did a good job.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0766816370/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00