Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: loving my new earth mountain man 500  (Read 3167 times)

scarface77

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: earth outdoor wood furnace
  • OWF Model: mountain man 500
    • View Profile
loving my new earth mountain man 500
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

Been looking on this site for a long time, loving the info I've been reading and I'm loving my new earth mountain man 500 . Its very easy to run and maintain and my house is consistently warm!!!  Had to make the investment, oil is out of control and now no worries about keeping the family warm. I would recommend this unit to anyone, its built like a tank and it performs flawlessly. I'm loving it. Thanks for the info and hope this site is around for a long time.
Earth Outdoor Wood Furnace Mountain Man 500
Huskee 35 ton log splitter
Stihl ms 290 chainsaw

kc

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Earth
  • OWF Model: Mountain Man 505
    • View Profile
Re: loving my new earth mountain man 500
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »

I am right there with you!   My 505 is here and just waiting for me to finish her install and fire her up!!  It will take me a little longer but my house should be toasty warm by Xmas...

kc
Earth Mountain Man 505
Stihl MS361 - 25"
Stihl MS280 - 20"
Stihl 028 Wood Boss - 18"
Sthil MS170 - 16"
Echo CS-305 - 14"

moparevers

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Rancher 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »

kc,

How long burn times are you getting? Where are you located? Whats your average temps? I'm still torn between the 360 & 500...

kc

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Mountain Man 505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »

Moparevers,

I am doing the install myself and don't have her fired up yet.   Poured my pad about a month ago, went and picked her up on black Friday, set her on the pad the next day, and this past weekend dug the trench and put the insulated pex in the ground.   Got my furnace heat exchanger today and have been going over the details on how to hook up the hot water, furnace, and garage and will start on that phase this weekend.   I am located in northern KY and when I get her going I will post my experience.   I think it will be another couple of weeks before I finish and fire her up.   I ended up picking out the 505 over the 365 for the extra capacity.   After the initial install I have 2 or 3 other things I may hook in and thought the larger firebox and water jacket would be a big plus...

kc
Earth Mountain Man 505
Stihl MS361 - 25"
Stihl MS280 - 20"
Stihl 028 Wood Boss - 18"
Sthil MS170 - 16"
Echo CS-305 - 14"