Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Ridgewood stoves  (Read 43108 times)

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Ridgewood stoves
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »

I am looking at a Ridgewood stove built in Hearsy mi...I have read alot and spoke with Craig the owner...anyone out there running one? would appreciate some feed back thanks, poorboy

andrewstrucking

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Ridgewood stoves
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:55:31 PM »

Hi poorboy, i'm running the ridgewood 7500 (2nd year) 2 buildings plus dom. water. furnace sits 200 ft. from house, no problems what so ever, my buddies with the forced air furnaces had me worried about the natural draft but from what I've seen they have to replace there fans often ( about once a year) and I dont have that problem. I burn what ever I can get my hands on (green, old punky), no issues. burn times are simular to my buddies stoves.and I'm diggin on the savings. I believe ridgewood will tell you if someone has a furnace near your location, so you can check it out. good luck

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »

The reason air furnaces are replacing fans has 0 to do with a draft fan on a water furnace.  A fan is an extremely rare failure on an owb.  The fans air furnaces replace is exposed to absolutely crazy high temps
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »

Andrewstrucking...Thanx for the reply, I have a question to ask that I keep forgetting to ask Craig (owner) the exhaust/smokestack inside the firebox does it circulate the smoke to get a little of the gasses burnt before exiting? and where do you live in mi....would like to check out a stove if there is one close to the thumb of mi. Thanks Poorboy

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »

I know 2 guys that have these stoves. A wise man once told me " You get what you pay for".

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »

victor6deep...this does not tell me anything....people can say that about any brand name stove...tell me more please...have a good day... poorboy   :)

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »

Hi poorboy, i'm running the ridgewood 7500 (2nd year) 2 buildings plus dom. water. furnace sits 200 ft. from house, no problems what so ever, my buddies with the forced air furnaces had me worried about the natural draft but from what I've seen they have to replace there fans often ( about once a year) and I dont have that problem. I burn what ever I can get my hands on (green, old punky), no issues. burn times are simular to my buddies stoves.and I'm diggin on the savings. I believe ridgewood will tell you if someone has a furnace near your location, so you can check it out. good luck
Are you saying your friends are blowing hot air into the house or hot water hooked up to a forced air furnace in their homes? thank..Poorboy

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »

The fans on an air furnace blow air, they have a duct fan that ties into the duct work.  There a joke

In regards to the ridge wood stove, it's not capable of burning off the gases.  It's a conventional boiler, conventionals that have forced air under and over the fire can burn some gases, but this model no. 

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Can I find one of these at Toys R Us?

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »

I know 2 guys that have these stoves. A wise man once told me " You get what you pay for".
With all due respect you have not answered my question...and you haven't backed up your words...Poorboy

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »

The fans on an air furnace blow air, they have a duct fan that ties into the duct work.  There a joke

In regards to the ridge wood stove, it's not capable of burning off the gases.  It's a conventional boiler, conventionals that have forced air under and over the fire can burn some gases, but this model no.
Scott...thanks for the info on smoke reburn...all I am trying to do is to find accual pros and cons on ridgewood stoves...I am sure if you google you will find something wrong or a customer dislike on any brand...thanks Scott...Poorboy

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »

With all due respect you have not answered my question...and you haven't backed up your words...Poorboy

I am sure the stove will meet your needs. For the price of the stove it is definently worth a try. They seem well built and I probably woulda bought one if I woulda looked around longer. I know they use a propane tank for the firebox which I don't know what that can handle as far as heat. I mean you figure 10grand for a whole setup for any other brand and maybe 6 grand for the whole setup from ridgewood. I would think they are just as good but not big overhead compared to the big name stoves.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »

That's true..  No one has ever built the perfect stove. 

However there are some that have more issues than others.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »

Small companies come and Go all the time.  It's a toss up as to whether they'll be here next week or not. 

Natures comfort does have an economy boiler, it has everything it needs to work as long as your not heating over 2500-3000 square feet.  It has an aquastat, forced draft, all the things it takes to make it work.  The only thing it doesn't have is an ash pan.  However for those wanting a economy based stove from a bigger manufacturer, there hard to beat.  $3880 plus shipping
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

poorboy

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

Small companies come and Go all the time.  It's a toss up as to whether they'll be here next week or not. 

Natures comfort does have an economy boiler, it has everything it needs to work as long as your not heating over 2500-3000 square feet.  It has an aquastat, forced draft, all the things it takes to make it work.  The only thing it doesn't have is an ash pan.  However for those wanting a economy based stove from a bigger manufacturer, there hard to beat.  $3880 plus shipping
Scott7m...thank you very much...there is a rep in my town of Caro mi. he is going to put a packet together and will meet him on wed...he has a md 80...my house is under 2000 sf...Poorboy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9