Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: ProFab has some issues!  (Read 40084 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: ProFab has some issues!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

Please don't get me wrong here, Guys I'm not GOD and can't possibly fix every thing that goes on with a wood boiler, I do what I can, as do many others here on the forum, Scott is one of those guys! I was simply commenting on the attitude of Spyder, I understand he's pissed but try putting yourself on the other end of the phone when an upset customer calls with a problem, it does not matter who's fault it is but if a little bit of courtesy is used then things seem to work out easier
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Pro fab
  • OWF Model: Pro 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »

Let please start off by saying. A person has to yell lawyer to get people off there rear.
Second my friend bought one of these a year prior to me. During the time of my install his burnt up. He called his insurance co. And they came in and said faulty install and gave him a check to get a new one. He bought the same one. His insurance sewed the installer for there money back.
As soon as I seem the burn mark I took pictures and sent them to dealer TOMEO FARMS in Mercer Pa. Pro fab even the lady who sent me my water sample back from pro fab and the warranty lady.
A few days later I call dealer and he said he needed to talk to pro fab.
A week later I get a call from MATT TOMEO saying " I have a parts box for you, you can pick them up before 5 "
I pick them up just to see what he has. Told me " just screw this in place"
Well after 2 weeks I decided to call my insurance co due to nothing being done. At this point the dealer has not shown up to even look at it. Insurance has me find 2 people to look at it. Said the inside is all wrong. No wonder my water temp was 170*
So I email MATT AND HAVE ALSO BEEN INFORMING WARREN CONLEY at profab.  WITH NO REPLYS!
BUT once I mention I have water @ 170* and if my kids get burnt from it! Who is writing the checks???
Well Mr Conley sure did perk up his ears then and said to turn the unit off.
WELL IF I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLOCK OF ICE.
A day later the installer (who was just paid to install it by TOEMO FARMS. Called and said he needs to install a mixing valve. Showed up last sat and installed it. Even after I told him it was installed wrong. But insisted it was ok. I RAN OUT OF HOT WATER AFTER ONE SHOWER. See picture. Then had to come back on Monday to fix it.
So is there any more ??
Put the shoe on your foot.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 05:56:22 PM »

Can you tell I am Pissed?? You can't see emotions in text. I have been very nice in my conversations on the phone. But what does it take to get someone off there ass? Yep being a dick to them. And I have came to that. But you all have helped me. And I am gteatful for it. Your the ones making Judgment!

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

I at least have informed 595 viewers of this issue. Next up is YouTube :) to inform that crowd. There's Craigslisteven eBay. All with eyes of buyers

And why is it that it seems this forum is controlled by only a few voices?? Is someone's pocket getting full?

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 07:35:49 PM »

Did you have someone do the install or did you hook it up, I'm only asking this question not in regards to the boiler problem but the hot water I've seen lots of people hook them up themselves and they have scalding water. With a mixing valve you wouldnt have that problem, that would solve the burning hot water problem
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »

What kind of heat exchanger do you have for ur hot water?? 

U had water at the tap of 170, I dont know how thats possible with a plate cause I dont see a sidearm.  I never do mixing valves and our water is usually 130 max

Here is where youll likely learn your lesson of being a dick as you call it.  there is likely a hundred loop holes they could use to side step every bit of it, and thats exactly what will happen if you lose your cool. 

Profab is a huge company, Wood boilers are only a part of it,  ur not going to cause them any pain, trust me.  There are similar vids out there not with your situation but folks who had stuff fixed wrong

Here is what I dont get, im offering to help and put you in contact with the right people, but you cant even say that will be great, or I would sure appreciate it, you just start hollering you wAnna be a dick.

If your pissed at people or about the situation just talking to forum members, we def know how your being towards those who you feel is responsible.

I would also like to make it clear im not defending empyre, you, or your dealer.  Im just trying to help and encourae you to take the high road so your not left with a 12k dollar yard ornament that you spent another 5k on seeking revenge.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 08:20:41 PM »

Step by step, anything wrong please advise.

You wanted a OWB

You talked to Tomeo Farms, they seem from what I can find a general hardware store, they do not have a web site but there Facebook page suggest they mainly do wood and pellet stoves.

You told them what you have and what you are going to build and they recommended the stove you bought.

Looks like they sub contract install but you bought the package, OWB and install.

OWB was installed and plumbed into your existing heating system, sounds like it was done badly. Where I am mixer valves are compulsory.

Rusted through in a spot due to the Boiler being grossly over sized for your current needs.

'Dealer' sends you a patch and tells you to install it yourself? This would piss me, if I bought a new truck and it fails I do not expect the Dealer to send me the part and tell me to install it myself.

Sounds to me the issue it with the 'Dealer'. Supplied a Boiler that was not fit for purpose (too large) and could not operate successfully with a small load. Also his installer cocked things up.

What should have happened:

1) Sold you a smaller OWB. Trade it in for the bigger one when needed.

2) Told you to come back when your new build was ready.

3) I presume this Boiler could have been made to work satisfactorily with storage, ie he could have said yes we can install this Boiler but not with our conventional install, we need to redesign. Which begs the question if they have anybody on hand who has sufficient knowledge to do these things properly, I am going to guess not.

Summary - Dealer ignorance.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:25:39 PM by TheBoiler »

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

Boiler, if what spyder Is saying is all accurate I agree.  As I have said from the beginning of this thread you cant over size that style boiler to such an outrageous degree.  If his dealer is there locally and doesent even offer his own installs, there is your first sign.  It seems to me like empyre was prompt with getting him the parts, he just wont do it.

If you started out nice and didnt piss him off, you could now pressure him to fix your stove.  Empyre did send the parts to there dealer, why he wont, thats what I wanna know

I was prepared to call him and have a talk but with all this dickhead talk its hard to feel motivated
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Everyone was here to help you spyder........
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »

I have a feeling this thread has come to an end. I would have liked to know the outcome.

For my own amusement, if say a 1,000 Gallon insulated ex Propane Tank being added to the mix, could it have worked reasonably?

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 09:20:51 PM »

End it has! In my best Yoda voice.

Jwood thank you

Sprinter thank you
Be safe. Enjoy the summer.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 09:28:45 PM »

Yep, this thread is over basically, what a shame, an oppurtunity came where we could all learn from it and it turns into this.

Now, I think its very clear why he hasnt gotten any help, we have all offered advice and encouragement and this is what we get is more hot headed rants. 

Boiler, yes, it could have alleviated the problem he had by making long clean burns vs these short cool bursts due to the wrong sizing or the unit..

This is where the discussion needed to head, was how can we fix this and keep it from happening again, if he gets this issue fixed, its merely a patch, the real "issue" is still there and will continue to cause more serious problems in the future. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »

I at least have informed 595 viewers of this issue. Next up is YouTube :) to inform that crowd. There's Craigslisteven eBay. All with eyes of buyers

And why is it that it seems this forum is controlled by only a few voices?? Is someone's pocket getting full?

IF you would have spent the time to go back thru hundreds of threads, slimjim, Scott7m and the few others that did TRY to help are nothing but straight up and honest people even when it doesn't concern the brands they handle, and instead you either ignore them or insult them.

I don't own a prefab, never even seen anything by prefab yet soon as I started to read this thread I knew what you had was overkill. You certainly don't walk into a new car dealer and buy the first thing the salesman says you need without doing any research? If you had done any research on your own you would have known an anti scald device was needed with kids in the house. If you would have listened to the advice you would be considering loading it twice a day instead of your 15 hour or better burn times, yet everybody else is the dickhead? Maybe a good hard look in a mirror is in order to find the real dickhead.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »

IF you would have spent the time to go back thru hundreds of threads, slimjim, Scott7m and the few others that did TRY to help are nothing but straight up and honest people even when it doesn't concern the brands they handle, and instead you either ignore them or insult them.

I don't own a prefab, never even seen anything by prefab yet soon as I started to read this thread I knew what you had was overkill. You certainly don't walk into a new car dealer and buy the first thing the salesman says you need without doing any research? If you had done any research on your own you would have known an anti scald device was needed with kids in the house. If you would have listened to the advice you would be considering loading it twice a day instead of your 15 hour or better burn times, yet everybody else is the dickhead? Maybe a good hard look in a mirror is in order to find the real dickhead.

:post:

There are several folks here who are in the industry and im thankful to call them friends.  We all are here to help, regardless of brand.  As slim would say, its about building a stronger industry and promoting Wood burning.  If we all Work together as slim has even more so inspired me to do, it will make the whole industry stronger and better. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »

628 and rising. For those jumping in. All I stated was facts. Do I know boiler systems No!  Did I research. Yes the best I could on what little free time I have working 12/15 days. Was I being a ass? No! But all I heard was "You over loaded it!""You have to little load!""You need to pull more heat!"   At what stage did someone say "hay. I can help! Here is what you need to do!" 

Yep. Crickets!!!
But this is starting to be Fun. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9