Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: aquatherm. 345 eco one  (Read 2857 times)

sdrockhauler

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: pand m
  • OWF Model: ml30
    • View Profile
aquatherm. 345 eco one
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »

Does any one know any thing about a 345 aqua thermstove? Found a good used one but I want to burn lignite coal in it but not sure if it will handle it. Looks like ithas grates in the bottom and air comes from underneath as well as on top. I think it is sme sort of gasification system.   It is also a stainles steel model which I know nothing about. I have a p and main ml 30 with shakers and it burns this lignite coal pretty well but looking for another stove for the shop but dont want to spring for a new one. Slim jim you know anything about a aquatherm?  I talked to you previosly about this coal in the ml30. I dont think this coal gets near as hot as the better coals. I think it only has a btu rating of around 7500 which I think is comparible to wood. Any how any knowledge is appreciated.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: aquatherm. 345 eco one
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:14 AM »

Yes I do believe we spoke about the coal in the ML, how did that work out for you? I know very llittle about the Aqua-Therm line as they never got EPA approval, I will say the dealers for them up here in were really good people to work with, very hard working down to earth folks, they are sadly missed in the industry, the products seemed well built for the time, I personally am not a fan of pressurized outdoor boilers purely for safety reasons.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

sdrockhauler

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: pand m
  • OWF Model: ml30
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 05:37:13 AM »

Coal worked fairly well although it seemed like I burned alot. Was putting up to 6 pails at a time and would get 12 to 16 hrs. The best thing was I heated my big old house for under 500 bucks and didnt have to cut split or stack. And as everone knows it was a winter from hell. I am leary of the pressurized system also. Are these no longer being built?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 05:57:16 AM »

I'm glad it worked out well for you, I believe they are still being built but have no presence in the northeast as we are EPA stoves only and have been for quite some time
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 08:00:28 AM »

The 345 is a good stove..I got a friend who has one just not the eco version.. Last time I talked to a rep at Aqua-Therm (which was awhile ago) they were in the process of making a EPA phase stove..But ultimately they are waiting to see what the EPA does for rule changes..It take a lot of money to approve a stove..Yes they are still being built..They also make a "open" stove..I don't know anyone who has one..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire