Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I have a ranco etc I need to know how to set/program it?  (Read 4054 times)

Bill

• Training Wheels
  • Heatsource 1
    • View Profile
I have a ranco etc I need to know how to set/program it?
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »

What should it be set at exactly?   
I have a Heatsorce 1 stove.  Have only had it now for about a month and a half.  The problem I am having is the water in the house is not hot enough.     So we changed it and now the water in the stove is boiling  alot --but the water is maybe a degree or two hotter (alot better now)      So i would like to find out what  exactly it should be programed to?

My phone number   is    417-462-7880   - Bill               I have read and reread the book they gave me with the stove but to tell you the truth --i really dont understand it.

I have free calling so ---i can call you back so it dont cost you anything----just tell me to call you .........or send me an email with your phone number and I will call you-----either way     .,.......THANKS

Any -info on this -i would be so thankful.....

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: I have a ranco etc I need to know how to set/program it?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »

Don't know anything about the stove you have. Could you let us know more about the setup that you have,could shed some lite on your problems. Can you call the dealer who sold you the stove for some helpful information?

Ron
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

Bill

• Training Wheels
  • Heatsource 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

Well,  I have called the guy who sold it to me and all he keeps saying is that I am loading the wood into the stove wrong and that is why the water is boiling.   He said I need to stagger the wood inside of (i have had tons of wood stoves and for many years--- --by now i should know how to load a stove     anyway when I told him about changing the temp.  he said I should not have touched it after he set it and now my warrentee is void---the stove is basically almost 2 months old !!!        There is a couple of guys here in town  that have the same stove as mine and they are very unhappy with it  ......but i talked to them BEFORE i got this one and they said they were as HAPPY AS A CAT WITH A MOUSE with the stove-----what a big difference two months makes   :(   !!!!
I am sorry---i really dont even understand the stove and how it works---all I know is i put wood in it and my hot water is run off of it and my forced air furnace too   ---beyond that I really dont understand it------it is a tad bit more complecated than  the inside stoves I have previously had.

but thanks for replying ---i guess i should have done ALOT more research before buying the stove------I'll learn for next time for sure!! :bash: 

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »

i  am not familliar with yoru stove either..but if it was making water to 180 degrees, yes you should have left it alone yoru problem is not with the water

a lot of folks around this site heat water only to 160 or so and do fine with it

if your water is 180 at the stove it should not be lower than (in extreme conditions) 175 at the entry point to your home, unless your underground pipes are not insulated at all? or your water is not moving fast enough to yoru home? ir your underground lines are way undersized (under a 100 foot run to the house should be at least 3/4" and over 100 feet should be at least 1"  many prefer 1" for less than 100 and 1 1/4" for over 100)

also if you are using a heat exchanger in a forced air plenum to heat your home, you MUST for best results fill your plenum all the way with a rad (or rads) you can not allow the air to pass around a rad or it will (it will take the path of least resistance) and you will get very little heat out of the registers.

there are a few things for you to considedr and make sure you  have then you can come back and ask more questions and give us more info oabout your stove...as for your warranty..you have told them you changed the factory settings and they have used that as an excuse to void it...they are quick to find a way out when ever they can (just my opinion)

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

Is your problem the air isn't hot enough or is it your domestic hot water isn't hot enough? Ranco thermostats are not that hard to use, most have 4 settings; 1 F or C, 2 desired temp, 3 differential , 4 heat or cool.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Bill

• Training Wheels
  • Heatsource 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

:) WE FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM!!!
It was not even an electrical problem at all!
It was quite a struggle and I want to thank everyone here who posted....it gave us some idea's and things to look at. 

The bottom line was the guy who installed our unit had the water lines crossed  :bash: .     After he came and switched the lines---we now have HOT HOT HOT water!   
Since then everything has been running great.   

Just wanted to say thank you!!