Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Interior door paint peeling when scraped with scraper tool  (Read 1636 times)

bjp

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 750 Titanium HD
    • View Profile
Interior door paint peeling when scraped with scraper tool
« on: November 11, 2019, 08:23:15 AM »

Just wanted to check in with others to see if this is something you have noticed too or not.  On my CB Classic Edge 750 HD, I've noticed that when I use the scraper tool on the interior of the door and the frame that the door sets into, some of the flat black paint has been peeling/scraping off along with burn residue.  Is this something I should be worried about?  I figure come summer I'll re-paint it with some high-temperature flat black to avoid corrosion, but since it started happening the first time I scraped the door I figure I should check in.  Is this what the rest of you have typically seen? 

Thanks!
7.5kW solar panels, grid tied
Weil-McLain WGO-4 oil boiler
DR Trimmer brush hog / mower deck / chipper / snowthrower

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: Interior door paint peeling when scraped with scraper tool
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:58:37 AM »

Just wanted to check in with others to see if this is something you have noticed too or not.  On my CB Classic Edge 750 HD, I've noticed that when I use the scraper tool on the interior of the door and the frame that the door sets into, some of the flat black paint has been peeling/scraping off along with burn residue.  Is this something I should be worried about?  I figure come summer I'll re-paint it with some high-temperature flat black to avoid corrosion, but since it started happening the first time I scraped the door I figure I should check in.  Is this what the rest of you have typically seen? 

Thanks!

That's nothing to worry about.  In the spring I simply coat it with a heavy coat of NEW motor oil as I do with the firebox.  I've never painted mine, but if that's what you want to do, go for it.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

bjp

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 750 Titanium HD
    • View Profile
Re: Interior door paint peeling when scraped with scraper tool
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 12:11:38 PM »

Thanks Roger!  That's about what I had hoped to hear back.  I'll probably just give it the oil treatment after the season ends.
7.5kW solar panels, grid tied
Weil-McLain WGO-4 oil boiler
DR Trimmer brush hog / mower deck / chipper / snowthrower