Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pump not running now  (Read 2987 times)

froggy22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Pump not running now
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »

Well just as I thought,   I went out to look over the furnace this morning and noticed the circulating pump was not running.   I thought it was getting too hot to touch.  It is a taco 0011, which was recommended by salesman.  My setup is stove a couple feet lower than basement floor, pipe under ground 20" then up a wall 8' over 8' and back down 2 1/2- 3' to exchanger.   I have a 90 out of stove, the pump,!" plex connector strait , 75 ' of 1" pex to a valve, and a 90 degree connector,  exchanger16 x 18", 90degree shark bite 90, valve, return pec pipe, back to valve at boiler. 

Could I have just got a bad pump, or wrong pump, or flawed design that I mentioned above.?

froggy22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Pump not running now
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:43 AM »

Pump ran for about 20 hrs(I say 20 hrs but I was asleep 6 of them).   Pump was pumping water, had good heat out of my vents before bedtime. I don't see what could have caused the pump to fail...

froggy22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »

Went down after my coffee, and it was on,  it is so quiet I must have not been awake enough first thing, or it my have been off.  I'll keep a eye on it.   :o

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:18:52 AM »

Keep an eye on it, I was afraid you had air in it and it was overheating
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

froggy22

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »

I did the return water test and have 10 gallons a minute of flow,  I will do an amperage reading on it soon to see what the current draw is.  In the mean time my fingers are crossed.