Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Turn on...turn off....turn on ....turn off.....  (Read 2852 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
Turn on...turn off....turn on ....turn off.....
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

Okay Shaver fans, here's a few questions for you.  You know that valve on the front of the furnace that reads: OFF --->  ON  <-----  so when I turn the valve on, I "should" get water coming out of the short pipe on the side?  and when I turn it off it "should" stop?

So I turn the valve to "ON" and I leave it there while I'm working on the furnace...and nothjng has come out even after 30 minutes.  WTH?  So I go down stairs and turn the feed water on...come out side and the valve is in the "OFF" position, but what the hey....there's water coming out???  I know what it means when the valve is in the "OFF" position, well okay I "used to know"  it meant no fluid would be escaping from within...so WHY is my valve "ON" when it is "OFF?"

What have I missed here???     :bash: :bash: :bash:

One additional question...the stacks on these things are 5" ID...is there such a beast size for a chimney brush?

Jerry
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

JBG

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Turn on...turn off....turn on ....turn off.....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »

Lugnut...Are you heating your domestic hot water through the coil?   Just wondering how you are supplying water to the furnace?....  On my Shaver the valve is off in the verticle position. 
JBG
Shaver 290
37 Ton Northstar log splitter

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »

JBG,

No sir, I'm heating my DWH via brazed plates on the side of the DHW.  I deleted the hot water coils because I wanted a quicker turn around time for the hot water.  Well on my furnace, the valve in the "OFF" position is in the vertical just as yours is.

Oddly enough, I get more answers to my questions regarding this OWB then I do when I send emails to Shaver directly or when I ring them up.  This is sad...their website is confusing, they never answer their phones (found the best way to get in touch is call the human resource office), they never respond to their emails, the new hired hand that has taken Jimmy's place is not very knowledgeable about the product, service after the sale lacks greatly.  BUT, I'm making the best of my Shaver...improvements that I've learned about on here will make this furnace all the better, I'm sure.

Sorry JBG, this is more info than you were asking about.

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

JBG

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »

Lugnut,  I know what exactly what you are talking about.  It took them three months to deliver my furnace.
Not once did somebody contact me about the status of the furnace.  I must have called them fifty times with
each time getting a different excuse.  I even thought about making the trip from the East Coast to their factory
to pick it up but the weather was just too bad.  Plus i figured it would not be ready when I got there which
would have not been a pretty site.  Anyway, with all the fustration and "bad" language I am pretty satisfied
with the furnace even though it looks like two monkeys welded it together.  I also would like to give them a class
on how to caulk if you know what I mean.
JBG
Shaver 290
37 Ton Northstar log splitter

lugnut

• View Profile
Re: Turn on...turn off....turn on ....turn off.....JBG.....
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »

I will send you an email later on along with photos of my first Shaver 165 that was delivered last December 20,2010.  talk about a horror story.   >:(

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher