Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Optimizer 250 - air blower motor replacement  (Read 2539 times)

Winalov

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Optimizer 250 - air blower motor replacement
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »

Hello everybody. New as a poster here but steady reader for about 2 years. First of all I would like to thank the members of this discussion Forum for great help you provide to many People looking for helpful,  honest, professional advice. I am definitely one of them.  I did my own complete installation in combination with oil furnace. Now it’s the time to enjoy the comfortably warm house (72 F….     boy!!!! my Wife loves me for this one…..) :-* and maintain my Optimizer 250.
One of my concerns as potentially serious problem is the occasionally noisy air blower.  It works …..but who knows for how long. I don’t  want to be surprised in the middle of the winter.  To get prepared I wanted  to buy blower motor….., unfortunately I got stuck. Can’t find any info for this darn thing.  No tech plate on the existing  blower…..Couldn’t  find anything on P&M site.
Spoke with Karl tonight, he remembered  someone (most likely Jim ?)  Having backup motor replacement solution  with Dayton Electric  or Fasco?  Or….
Obviously without solid technical details on my hands I can’t buy anything.   I would truly appreciate help to find the  proper blower.
BTW. Anyone familiar with this site?  Just fund it…..  http://www.woodstove-parts.com/Wood_Stove_Blowers.html

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Optimizer 250 - air blower motor replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:34:40 AM »

I have never had to buy one, only replaced a couple and got them direct from our office, I have a couple of spare motors at the house, unfortunately I'm still on the job in my camper and won't be home until late tonight, PM me tonight to remind me and I'll try to get the info for you.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Winalov

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »

Thanks Jim. Original  blower motor would be even better.
I looked up P&M website......... nothing there if comes to parts.
No tech specs. How to get it.  Unless I'm missing something?..........
The reason for trying to find the part here in US is hopefully  quicker local access.
How long do you wait for shipment from Canada and how much is the whole cost?
Thank you
BTW. the idea with set up to  shut off the blower when wood is burnt out is brilliant. I will do it asap. Thanks again

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »

I have a few blower motors here for customers that need them quick, they have no blower casing or blades.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

american-pacemaker

• OWF Brand: P & M
  • OWF Model: OPTIMIZER 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »

Hey Slim how much are the replacements worth ? Im getting all my spare parts together before nI fire my 250 up.