Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Boiler temp  (Read 9561 times)

ambonci

• OWF Brand: SHAVER 165
    • View Profile
Re: Boiler temp
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 05:41:37 AM »

I think I know what your saying.  I need a circulator to feed the oii boiler at all times?  what does that help by doing that?  when u get pics up if kinda show me where it need to be.  Thanks again.  wat do you think if the pictures of the OWB?  the circulator on the oil boiler try to get horizontal or the one on the OWB?  Thanks Ben.

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 08:25:06 AM »

It's hard to tell by pics alone. But yes you need to tie into the 1 1/4" copper manifold and flow it threw the boiler. Also make sure you have checks or zone valves in each zone to prevent ghost flow. I would really like to see both of those heat plates mounted to a 3/4" plywood mounted to the concret wall. I have a pic of one slim did. 👍👍
Yes the circulator on the OWB try to get that shaft horizontal ,the one on bottom.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

ambonci

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »

the one on the bottom is horizontal for my house heat and the other one for my garage heat is vertical.  I plan on putting them both on the bottom this summer.  I'm clueless what a manifold does and how it will help.  Thanks again for taking the time to look at the pics.

Smokeless

• View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:20 PM »

For this year heat season. Install a circulator on the oil boiler under the heat exchanger. Use the port on bottom of exchanger. Cut into the one line.
The top port goes where I couldn't tell ? The top portfolio the HX tie it into the 1 1/4" manifold before the circulator, or into the boiler up high.  not on the out flow of existing circulator!!!
This will heat the boiler water to max temp. Then when house calls for heat it turns on existing circ. sending hot water to the zone.
So u still have a return from the zone you need to hook in. When you cut in for the new circ put a T in the bottom of the boiler. Return it there. This should help greatly.

Your system now operates like this I think. Water in boiler➡️ Circulator➡️Air scoop➡️Zones➡️50plate exchanger➡️Back into boiler.
So in theory your boiler has to warm up first then the zones. The HX is only transferring heat when the zones are calling.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

Smokeless

• View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »

Hi slim I down sized Adams pics maybe you can post them please thanks.
Signature:

ambonci

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 07:28:12 PM »

so really I'm not utilizing the whole 50 plate HX which is why my house essentially runs out of heat?  If slim gets those pics up maybe you can draw on them to give me an idea on what needs to be changed.  Ben I sent you a message. 

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:16 PM »

If you want full size pics at unlimited resolution, first post them to Photobucket, Flickr or even Facebook then paste the link to the picture here.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Smokeless

• View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 05:00:09 AM »

That's not the right site that's my web page. Need to go to face book to get the pics. (Search )  P C wood boiler systems
Signature:

ambonci

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 04:37:17 AM »

Just wanted to update this topic a little bit.  after much advice I had turned down my boiler temp to 180(from 190) and m differential to 13(from 5)  Boiler is working much better, less wood consumption and now I actually have a nice bed of coals.  after conversation with Ben he suggested I put a circulator in to pump my oil boiler with hot water at all times.  I have yet to do that and most likely will do in the spring, but I have not forgot about it just been too busy with work and getting snowmobiles ready, and on the warm days splitting wood.  Just wanted to say thanks for all that posted on my topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]