Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Spam Taken Care Of  (Read 2734 times)

Outdoor Wood Furnace Info

• Administrator
  • Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Spam Taken Care Of
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »

As many of you noticed, some sort of spam bot hacked into the site today.  We got right on it and have been working on it for hours now.  We now have it all cleared off and should be ok now.  Our sincerest apologies to Cooch who suffered a fatal blow in this mess - one of my guys accidentally deleted his account along with many of the spambots.  It was unfortunately irreversible.  If anyone knows Cooch, please extend our apologies to him and invite him back! 

We have increased the security levels and this should take care of future spammers, but we will remain vigilant.

Thanks to all of you for making this the premier site for outdoor wood furnace information.  We have an enormous membership and thanks to all of you, the information here is incredibly useful.  We have many new members each day finding us and realizing the amazing collective knowledge you all have.  We will continue to support you in every way possible!

J Cooch

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cb5036
    • View Profile
Re: Spam Taken Care Of
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »

No apology necessary I was kind of out of line with some of the agressive anti spam posts I used that morning, But what the heck we were invaded with drug peddling robotic crap. I had the feeling someone had to fight back. Too bad some of my responses were also deleted I found them kind of of insultingly humorous. Thanks for doing what you can for deleting the spam we all appreciate a spam free site. No peddlers allowed!

Outdoor Wood Furnace Info

• Administrator
  • Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

Hey Cooch - thanks for the great attitude.  I hope by now that everyone trusts the new owner and that there is no intention of abusing the trust everyone has in this site with ads and junk like that.  This is just a great place for straight info.  Our membership grows each day and the growth is accelerating.  We really appreciate your contributions and participation!  Keep up the great work - and there are many who are happy to see you back!

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »

seems they register, then wait a week or so to see what topics see the most traffic...then they hit with a vengance!
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 05:27:25 AM »

how ironic is that   spam taken care of post  got  spammed
Muir Ontario Canada