Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmaster and Smoke Proplems?  (Read 2908 times)

brohnson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Heatmaster and Smoke Proplems?
« on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:33 PM »

Well after reading a LOT on here I think a Heatmaster 5000 or 5000E is for me but my question is I want something that gives off less smoke....does one have an advantage over the other one or are they the same? I live close to others and I dont want them to complain nor do I want to smell smoke all the time. Should I extend my stack above my roof line but if I do that does it make it a pain to clean.

Thanks

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Heatmaster and Smoke Proplems?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

If you want a stove that produces little smoke you need to look at a gassification  furnace. The e model may produce a little less smoke but its not much of a difference.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

brohnson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

Yeah thats not in my budget and I saw someones video on here where the "E" had very little smoke I thought.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »

It all depends on what you burn. If you are burning seasoned split hardwood you will get very little smoke from a e model. If you burn green pine it will still smoke. The nice thing about gasifaction is you can burn anything and still not get smoke. And before anyone says you can't burn green wood in a gasser let me tell you that I tried it in a G200 and it burns great, you just can't let the fire get too low before adding more wood.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master