Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gettin ready to buy my first outdoor boiler  (Read 26817 times)

Roscommon

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Gettin ready to buy my first outdoor boiler
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

Willie,
 All oak most real good and dry some a little punky but overall quality wood.
I put 1000ft of radiant in my main floor and am so happy with it, the wife really loves to have a warm floor
in the mornings,even offered to help with wood next year. It uses a lot less wood than the coil in my plenum
but will only keep house warm till 0 then needs a little help.
As far as honesty I find all the bs funny I am not selling stoves to make a living I just want to give people a good deal on a product they have decided that they want. If I never sell another stove its fine with me.
 Usually fill the stove three times full at 11 pm and half about 11 am and half at 6pm.
this keeps the ashes to a minimum and gets a real good burn.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Gettin ready to buy my first outdoor boiler
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »

i owuld tend to agree on frequent fills of less wood making for less ash
i only have one room (new addition) on radiant theat about 200 square feet and i too love it if i ever built a new house it would be 100% radiant but i would also put in more pipe than recomended as you get NO SECOND CHANCE in you are dealing with poured concrete

i plugged my chimney in my fireplace and put a rad inside it...no more fires or ash or smoke in the house

a few years back i burned good dry dead oak trees out of a swamp.. i used less than 8 cord for that winter but now i have a piece of land that has acres of dead elm so i have been using that, takes a little more but its only gonna fall down anyway so i clean it up

also my underground pipes are not the best, when i put my stove in it was about the best available 2 runs of 1 inch pex feed line wrapped in bubble wrap, then return line wrapped beside it so the feed line is wrapped twice and the return once then all shoved down a 4" plastic sewer pipe

i am 250 feet from the house and am considering moving the stove about 60 feet closer in a year or two and perhaps getting new underground pipe...i really believe i can save at least 3 cords of wood
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]