Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Heat  (Read 7352 times)

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
Re: Heat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 04:41:48 AM »

thats just the feed header and my filter, the return header is below that

Looks good willie
I had a guy tell me to buy a 30 plate exchanger and hook the main feed to it and out of it go to the heat exchanger in my furnace and the other side of the 30 plate make the loop for baseboard with a small pump and thermostat
Do you think that would work ok.
Thanks
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »

Looks good willie
I had a guy tell me to buy a 30 plate exchanger and hook the main feed to it and out of it go to the heat exchanger in my furnace and the other side of the 30 plate make the loop for baseboard with a small pump and thermostat
Thanks
What are you doing with the first 30 plate exchanger?

what i am seeing (and i dont see clear) is OWB feed to a plate exchanger (doing what?) and exit from it going to your furnace then what? and where is this loop for your baseboards?

you need to have your baseboards assured unrestricted hot water in and out for whenever your thermostat turns on your pump (or if you are turning on a zone valve with the stat  and your pump runs 24/7 you need to have continuios flow through your pump 24/7
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

Looks good willie
Thanks
Willie
only one 30 plate supply going in it from boiler and out of it to heatexchanger on forcedairand out to boiler the other side of the flatplate would be the loop for baseboard
What are you doing with the first 30 plate exchanger?

what i am seeing (and i dont see clear) is OWB feed to a plate exchanger (doing what?) and exit from it going to your furnace then what? and where is this loop for your baseboards?

you need to have your baseboards assured unrestricted hot water in and out for whenever your thermostat turns on your pump (or if you are turning on a zone valve with the stat  and your pump runs 24/7 you need to have continuios flow through your pump 24/7
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:04:21 PM by Dirtslinger »
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 10:30:33 PM »

Dirtslinger,

I'm with Willie, it sounds like you have your system going through a heat exchanger before another heat exchanger.  I'm not sure I'm reading it right.  Anyway, I don't believe you'd ever want to take any heat from your supply water by taking it through a HX.  In other words, if you are going to your forced air furnace, you want your water as hot as possible, so it should come directly from the stove.  Let me see if this diagram attaches itself and hopefully it will explain a little.

http://www.centralboiler.com/Tech/C180.pdf
Pomeroy, Ohio

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:36:36 AM »

i think i understandn now what you are trying to do, but by circulating your baseboard water through the HX (if i have the picture in my head correctly) you have in fact created a "closed loop" system for your baseboard, and with that you will be needing an expansion tank for any temp changes or pressure changes
I think you can elimenate the HX all together and just tee off your furnace feed to your baseboard, control this with a zone valve on your thermostat and also forget the pump (for now) your furnace pump will probably handle it all, if not you will need to have the zone pump come on with zone valve

you dont want the pump running and not moving water, this would burn out the pump
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 [2]