Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: E-Classic vs. Heatmor (EPA Model)  (Read 3010 times)

Dakota

• View Profile
E-Classic vs. Heatmor (EPA Model)
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board. I am thinking of an outdoor wood boiler, and am considering between a Central Boiler E-Classic, and a Heatmor(I believe it's a ssr400). I live in a state where I need an EPA compliant stove. Has anyone had any experience with either one of these EPA version stoves, and can you tell me the good and bad. One is an open system, one is a closed system. I'm told the open system is more apt to have corrosion, due to the nature of the beast.  The Heatmor is 409 stainless, the Central is regular steel. I have heard of some Central Boilers rusting out after six or seven years in my area, but I don't know how well they were taken care of either. What can you tell me about these units. I need help making a decision. I am heating two houses, and a garage. Approx. 7000 sq. ft.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: E-Classic vs. Heatmor (EPA Model)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

Stainless/carbon steel......    we've all seen both fail!  look at the warranties.....  of course heatmor and central both have excellent warranties. 

the epa compliant stoves are a bit troublesome, it seems every maker has had their share of problems
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697