Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: diffusers  (Read 1301 times)

d conover

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
diffusers
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »

We built a house last year and had the HVAC installed, the hvac tech put the heat exchanger in place for me but other than that I did all the Hardy install.

We moved in May 2012 and no problems, just a little cool in the basement, I thought the basement would be toasty warm in the winter since the furnace is down there. It is cold.
I checked the diffusers and they are hot but no air is coming thru them.  I removed one and it has a square piece of steel blocking the air flow. The surface of the diffuser looks like a pin cushion.  I tried to get me hvac guy to swap with me but he said that is all he has.

I found a  one with a damper  at a supply place that works well, but they are $50.00 each.
btw these are 24" lay ins for a drop ceiling.

The gist of my novel is.. does this resourceful group have a cheaper solution? 

I need to be able to close them in the summer.  The basement stay plenty cool enough for my wife without ac.
Southeast Missouri
Hardy H4
044 Stihl
038 Stihl
5100s Dolmar
55R husqvarna
CS301 Echo

tawilson1152

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
Re: diffusers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »

A perforated diffuser. They usually have little square metal pieces to diffuse the air, but shouldn't block it off. Can you take out the piece that's blocking the air then add your own damper to the duct going to it so you can still use the grill you have.