Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2840 Very HOT  (Read 1963 times)

Uponthehill

• OWF Brand: PM 2840 w/ Logstor
  • OWF Model: 250 & 461 Stihl
    • View Profile
2840 Very HOT
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »

Tonight I experienced what I would call the pre-stage to a boil over.  I turned the shop fan coil fan to the on position.  Calling for constant heat.  I was in the shop for about 30 minutes and stepped out to, well, get another refreshing beverage.
Glanced over at the boiler and saw the float dancing from HEAVY steam.  The aqua stat was still calling so I changed to 185 to shut down the blower.  It was showing 187.  I've had mine set at 190 +/- 10 since November 8, 2014.  Never had an issue until tonight.  Probably not an issue, but would like to hear a few comments.  I was burning white oak from a 250 year old tree recently cut down.  Yes.  250 year old white oak.  Maybe the Gods have blessed me with exceptionally good wood.  The stove was not overloaded and it is not THAT cold here.  About 25 degrees outside.  Shop was a toasty 74.
Central Kentucky wood burner !

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: 2840 Very HOT
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »

Sounds like it was a nice fire! sounds like you handled it very well, by simply turning it down a bit, different woods burn hotter than others, could you mix that nice oak with some less desirable stuff in the warm weather? You may wish you had it later this winter.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Uponthehill

• OWF Brand: PM 2840 w/ Logstor
  • OWF Model: 250 & 461 Stihl
    • View Profile
Re: 2840 Very HOT
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »

Yes. I'm mixing wood.  Turned back to 190. Water level never changed. Probably only lost about 1/2 gallon. Stay warm...
Central Kentucky wood burner !