Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thermostat reaching set temp to quick.  (Read 3246 times)

Axeman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Thermostat reaching set temp to quick.
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Hi I have noticed that when my thermostat for my furnace reads 70 degrees and I turn it up to say 72 degrees it only takes a minute or two after the blower kicks on to get up to the set temp. Is that normal for it to get to temp that quick? I also need to mention that this thermostat only runs the blower on my furnace as i have an outdoor wood boiler and it is a digital/non-programmable type. I thought about trying one of the old style dial thermostats that have the heat anticipator adjustment on them to see if that would fix the problem or does that have nothing to do with what i am describing?  Thanks for any help!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:14:07 PM by Axeman »

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Thermostat reaching set temp to quick.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

I'm not sure I understand the problem unless you are saying the thermostat is wrong and the home is not heating up. If you want your furnace blower to run longer it seems to me you could just drop your water temperature and that would do the trick.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »

Is the thermostat located close to one of your heat registers?  Just a thought...
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

if it is actually 72 when the stat says it is...whats the problem?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »

I have the same problem. Except my propane tstat is a degree lower at all times compared to my stat for the blower only. I think its the fact that the heat coming off the radiator for your stove is a hotter heat versus propane. Good luck and I always keep my stove stat a degree higher

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

I have the same problem. Except my propane tstat is a degree lower at all times compared to my stat for the blower only. I think its the fact that the heat coming off the radiator for your stove is a hotter heat versus propane. Good luck and I always keep my stove stat a degree higher
If you want them to read the same, most thermostats have an offset adjustment to make them match. Just look in the thermostat manual for instructions.

Penguinfan

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 3300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »

Axeman, I use my oil hot air furnace blower to push the hot air from the OWB heat exchanger through the duct work. My thermostat is set at 72 degrees. When the house cools and calls for heat the blower kicks on. The blower on the coldest nights only runs maybe at most five minutes. I've been using the high speed (central air speed) on the blower. That along with the air in the ductwork stays preheated from the OWB causes such a quick recovery. I've been told that you can switch a wire or two on the blower motor to change the speed. Haven't done it now going on six years. :)
Stihl MS361
Husqvarna 346XP
2011 GMC Canyon V8
2012 Yamaha Rhino
5x8 utility trailer
Homemade Log Arch
Modified 4x5 firewood trailer