Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Temp probe location on boiler  (Read 3336 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
Temp probe location on boiler
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:02:21 PM »

This is out there for anyone who could tell me where the locations of the aquastat probe is at on thier furnace and also the High temp limit switches.I am building my own unit and Have a good Idea of where to place these,but Just wanted to see either how other manufacturers had done it or anyone else who built thiers.
I have studied many online,but after so long your mind goes numb.I wanted to get a few ideas from someone outside of the box. :o
thanks guys
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Temp probe location on boiler
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »

i have my feed line to the house in the middle of my stove about 4 inches from the top and my aqua stat is directly in line with this pipe so the water goingn to my house is passing over it and my high limit is just before that by about 6 inches. i only run my aquastat at (blower on at 140 and blower off at 160 and my high limit is 190)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Temp probe location on boiler
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »

i have my feed line to the house in the middle of my stove about 4 inches from the top and my aqua stat is directly in line with this pipe so the water goingn to my house is passing over it and my high limit is just before that by about 6 inches. i only run my aquastat at (blower on at 140 and blower off at 160 and my high limit is 190)

Ok so I undestand this right.Your piping coming out of the stove has wells in it for first the over temp and then 6" past that the aqua stat? So is this a larger type of header coming out of the stove to allow for the probes and not effect flow?
I think you have the right idea on picking the temp there.That is the critical temperature point that we need for the feed to the house.I imagine if you were to just put the stat at any random place in the tank you could have lower or higher temps than desired.
I am going to have to think carefully about the placement of these sensors for good performance.
Thanks WillieG :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV