Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Letter from propane company  (Read 3997 times)

dmorris

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Letter from propane company
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:54:54 AM »

Fired our boiler up fall of "09" and have not bought propane since fall of "08". I have been wondering when they would send us a letter telling us to either buy some propane or were coming to pick it up. Propane company said we could keep the tank if we bought a 100gals. HAHA. I think I am just going to let them come pick it up and some day just by my own 100gal tank for a back up. What a great feeling it is not to worry about buying gas from someone else. Has anyone else had this issue in the past??
Roseville , KY
CB 6048
STIHL 031AV

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Re: Letter from propane company
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »

I got a note in the mail saying that I either had to buy the minimum of 200 gallons or pay a $60 tank rental fee to keep the tank, since we cook with propane, I just paid the $60 fee which is a yearly fee.  I have the big 500 gallon tank and I have been on 35% since the spring of 2008.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

markc

• Training Wheels
  • coalman 400,000 stoker,coal,pellets,biomass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:02:35 AM »

you should buy a tank and then you can buy gas from any distrubutor you want and not locked in to price gouging,last tank i had purchased was a 1000,gal new with 2 reg installed 1400.00 500 gal was 750.00 installed check with your local upg distrubor ( midway propane ,big 3 gas ,shelby co co-op, there all over the country
markc. coalman 400,000 stoker boiler
once you burnt black you never go back
http://www.outdoorstokerboilersofky.com/

dmorris

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:02 AM »

I really hate to spend that kind of money on something a probably will not use. Everything else is electric. I have had 15 % in the tank since fall of 08.
Roseville , KY
CB 6048
STIHL 031AV

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »

Find something fun to do with the remaining propane (big BBQ cookout at the house?) and then tell them to come get their tank off of your property. 

Just don't let them try to charge you for them to pick up their tank...

m21221

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:38 AM »

You can always keep the propane for a generator.  Most gas generator can be retrofitted to run on propane.  It's nice having 300 gallons of propane for an emergency and it stores indefinitely (I've been told).
CB 6048

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:13:35 AM »

i agree, its a cheep way to have lots of gallons for my generator, underground just in case,  how would you keep that much gas and it has a shelf life.  and you can get great buys in the summer.
Newrichmond, Ohio

loadthestove

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

I have basically been thru the same thing.I switched to a smaller tank (100 gallon) With a once a year fill.I can generally use that much with my grill in a years time.plus I have backup if needed