Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Federal wood burning rule prompts rural backlash  (Read 9152 times)

cantoo

• OWF Brand: Western Pacific
    • View Profile
Re: Federal wood burning rule prompts rural backlash
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »

Sluggo, voting in someone else just makes it their turn at the trough. In this day and age that really is an empty threat. Unfortunately it's the way everything seems to be going. Stupidity reigns. We ( the working class) are slowly being bled to death, death by a thousand cuts. The only thing that seems to get better and cheaper is computers, why is that? Every other single thing seems to be going up in price. And everything that is made is made to last a certain amount of time, then it is cheaper to replace it than to fix it. Look at muscle cars like 69 cameros, mustangs whatever, do you actually think that 40 years from now someone will be fixing or driving a car that is built today?
 What do they plan on doing with all the wood from ice storms, snow storms, winds, tornadoes etc? I know grind it up using tons of diesel (that's clean) and put it on flowerbeds. Wait I'm allergic to flowers so you can't grow them any more.

DaveWertz

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »

Scott Ive been ready to revolt! My guns are clean, mags loaded and MRE's packed. As much as I hate to say it, this country needs a revolution to happen. The government and EPA have taking things to far and this goes far beyond wood burning. In the wise words of James Yeager- I'll fire the first shot LOL.   P.S- Since this is a "puplic forum" I don't have any battle weapons so don't try to send a tac team to my house and confiscate them because you won't find them  >:D
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

Rockarosa

• OWF Brand: Pro-Fab
  • OWF Model: Cozyburn MS 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 04:51:06 AM »

Not complaining here, and believe me I am not some gun toting nut. Things are out of control. We just had a 92 year old lady in Bellaire Ohio have her home invaded by 2 young thugs. The trash  raped her and then beat her to death. What a horrible ending for a lady that lived a  life of dignity. Now the trash has public defenders arguing against the death penalty.  Unbelievable!
 On another note, I received a blessing and leased out my 50 acre farm to Great River Energy. I went to a tax  accountant that specializes in oil and gas and he advised me to put 50% back for taxes. I  know  that most people would like to have this problem-but 50%?  I guess I have to pay my share to help support the welfare system.
New Holland T C 30

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:45 AM »

Not complaining here, and believe me I am not some gun toting nut. Things are out of control. We just had a 92 year old lady in Bellaire Ohio have her home invaded by 2 young thugs. The trash  raped her and then beat her to death. What a horrible ending for a lady that lived a  life of dignity. Now the trash has public defenders arguing against the death penalty.  Unbelievable!
The fact that criminals have the right to a defense and are considered innocent until proven otherwise is a sign to me of what isn't broken. Imagine if the criminal justice system worked the other way where people were rounded up and given no trial before being executed.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

oldchenowth

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 05:21:57 AM »

It sure does feel like I am a guilty party.  I am punished for marrying a woman, for working a regular job, being religous, keeping my daughter instead of killing her before birth, saving money on heat, keeping a gun in the house for hunting and protection from thugs, having a beer on occasion, and above all not wanting to give $$$ to some lazy unappreciative turd unwilling to help themselves before insisting I give up my earnings.  I am offensive because I agree with Phil Robertson and want to extinguish those two thugs that killed the old gal in her home.  And don't even think of having an opinion other than some low life celebrity spouting off every chance they get.

agriffinjd

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »

The fact that criminals have the right to a defense and are considered innocent until proven otherwise is a sign to me of what isn't broken. Imagine if the criminal justice system worked the other way where people were rounded up and given no trial before being executed.
  :post:   :thumbup:

It can be hard to cheer when you see someone like these guys getting a defense.  Just remember though, a strong defense bar helps deter a descent into tyranny.  I hate seeing victims having to go through testifying against their assailants (or the family of deceased victims having to sit through it all), but it's a necessary and good component of our system.
----------------
U.P. of Michigan

fj40duck

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ACEMEFURANCE
  • OWF Model: 8000 BTU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 09:09:35 AM »

How many representative smoke? smoking sends smoke in to the air causing pollution to air, how many powerplants are running sending pollution into the air, diesel trucks and farm equipment send pollution, they don't see that thats a problem, why pick on us that has owf stoves.

Ratchet Thunderbolt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Global Hydronics
  • OWF Model: GH-2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »

I read this earlier today.  Makes me sick to think all the city folk and suburbanites know what it takes to heat an old farm house.  I did not and do not have the funds to build a new efficient home.  Where I live there is no natural gas line.  If you want to stay warm and alive you choose propane ($5/gal), electric ($0.15/Kwh) or wood ($10/cord).  I cut my own wood on my land so for $100/ year I can heat my home and water.   Even if I buy a new saw each year it is cheaper than the other options.  My rights can easily be squashed by someone 20 miles away that is more "educated" than me.  My pollution is the problem?  Mining for coal, burning coal at the electric co., gas drilling, propane delivery must not add any particulate to the air.  Just my phase II wood burner.  But my neighbor with a fireplace that emits smoke non-stop and draws their warm air up the chimney when not used is efficient and ok. 

Yep, I see that I AM the problem.  What was I thinking?  Clearing dead wood from the forest making room for new trees, recycling God's original renewable fuel, saving money like MSN always suggest I do, getting exercise to try and stay healthy and keep health care costs down.  Shoot me now, I AM Public enemy number one!

:thumbup:  Well said.

mikemike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: home made
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »

welcome to the muslim country that the united states of america has created. sad but true

cantoo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »

Outdoor wood boiler owners need to clean up their act and be as responsible as these people. http://www.viewzone.com/sixteenships.html

cantoo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »

To add to my last response.
 quote from another website regarding shipping. Meanwhile, want the grim punchline? There are now about 90,000 cargo vessels plying the waters globally. Not all emit as much as the hugest ships, of course. But if you assume the average ship is only one-tenth as bad as the giants, that means cargo vessels on the seas emit more than 500 times the total pollution of the world's vehicles.

After that, we don't quite know what to say.

SHIPPING BY NUMBERS (from The Guardian article)

The world's biggest container ships have 109,000 horsepower engines which weigh 2,300 tons.

Each ship expects to operate 24hrs a day for about 280 days a year

There are 90,000 ocean-going cargo ships

Shipping is responsible for 18-30% of all the world's nitrogen oxide (NOx) pollution and 9% of the global sulphur oxide (SOx) pollution.

One large ship can generate about 5,000 tonnes of sulphur oxide (SOx) pollution in a year

70% of all ship emissions are within 400km of land.

85% of all ship pollution is in the northern hemisphere.

Shipping is responsible for 3.5% to 4% of all climate change emissions
Yeah, we really need to clean up our owb's.

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »

The U.S. Congress legislates what they can change guys!

EPA & cleaner OWBs?.... Why sure it makes legislative sense!  If the average gasifying OWB is more expensive, more tax revenue is paid to the Feds.

Going after emissions on international cargo ships?  Bad idea.... no one will allow it.  If those goods do not make it to port at the U.S., Wally World would not be able to stock their shelves and sell the Chinesium goods.... billions? trillions? of dollars of goods that can be taxed for revenue.

"Green" to a U.S. legislator is money.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:17:52 PM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »

Maybe what the democrats want is for us to start burning weed in our stoves?!?!  I might have some people that would actually volunteer to fill my stove for once!
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30:25 PM »

That don't make them bad folks
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mule20

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: none
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »

its not a republican or democrat thing there all in bed together,the wealthy and the banks control this country and the  world now ,look on every corner there is a brand new huge bank. what we need is a leader to come forward and lead a revolt,to this country.wipe the slate clean and live by the constitution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3