Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Global warming, climate change? Article  (Read 32458 times)

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
Re: Global warming, climate change? Article
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-01-27/global-warming-battle-is-over-market-share-not-science

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748703939404574566124250205490
So far not much proof of scientists skinning the taxpayer to research climate change....

Hell the authors of the articles can't even agree on what is going on:

This debate is no longer about whether global warming is real (it is) or whether humans are the most likely cause (you are)

This is not the sound of settled science, but of a cracking empirical foundation.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »

Secondly, the sun is not on it's way out, it is actually on it's way to increasing size and output as the main sequence of hydrogen burning ends.  After the helium synthesis completes carbon and oxygen synthesis begins, however at this time the sun is gigantic, and has completely roasted the planet Earth (all this happens well within the laws of thermodynamics).  After the helium has all been synthesised out, the sun will go planetary nebula, and then enter the dwarf stage.  From then out out entropy will become prevalent as the star cools out.

As for the earth and the sun being the same temperature, that is most likely not going to be so, as the earth will most likely be consumed and destroyed during the ending helium synthesis. 

Neal

Yup, as proved by Dr. Who, Series 1, story 158. The end of the World.

doctor who season 1 2005 The End of the world
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Homerglide

• OWF Brand: Orlan EKO
  • OWF Model: Out in the shop - Model 25 gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »

WE ARE 17 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT, the EPA and the Green movement along with greed and government regulations have driven our jobs to China where there is very little effort to protect our environment worldwide
Are there any patriotic American citizens within this forum?

Is it solely the Green movement and "Governments" fault that manufacturing jobs have gone overseas? No.

Are American corporations exempt from country loyalty and patriotism? Evidently... Imagine the income tax revenues if all corporations brought manufacturing back to our shores. Our economy would be thriving. With the jobs brought back we could pay down the debt and reduce the handout programs due to job availability. It would be a win all around.

So how bout ya start bashing those who help the citizens of other countries by giving them jobs while firing American citizens.

Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »

Neal, I wish that I had both the time and the inclination to debate this with you, but I do not.

Your "theories that are sound and hold water" are pure speculation and vivid ideas at best.

Once again, and for the last time coming from me, try to perceive things with a blinders off attitude.  ;)
In other words, look at this subject from ALL angles. Only then will you be able to understand.

Al Gore is scum. He is an inherently evil human whose focus in life is making millions off from the ill-informed, all the while hiding behind his alleged belief in our creator.

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

Al Gore is scum. He is an inherently evil human whose focus in life is making millions off from the ill-informed, all the while hiding behind his alleged belief in our creator.

No "Like" button so this will do:  :post:
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »

Your "theories that are sound and hold water" are pure speculation and vivid ideas at best.
Believe what you will but science says otherwise. 

You saying something differs quit a bit from the scientific community, who provide theories and data to back them up.

Once again, and for the last time coming from me, try to perceive things with a blinders off attitude.  ;)
In other words, look at this subject from ALL angles. Only then will you be able to understand.

If you have any evidence at all to back your position I am all ears, and eyes as it were.  The scientific community seems to say the exact opposite of what you propose, as well as offer tested theories and data.  I'm not trying to be rude, but all you are offering is cynical words with no evidence.  You ask us/me to have a blinders off attitude, yet offer nothing of substinance to look at. 

Seems like a very blinders on position you have about Al Gore.

Personally he is mostly irrelevant to any views I have on the topic.  He is often used as a strawman argument point that bogs down meaningful discussion, IMO.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »

The scientific community seems to say the exact opposite of what you propose, as well as offer tested theories and data. 
[/quote]
To grasp where I'm trying to lead you here, you must first come to grips with what your word choices actually mean when used in the context(s) you've chosen.
First, look up Webster's definition of "theory".
Second, learn and understand what a "false dichotomy" is.

In the scientific community, the only thing that ever remains constant is the fact that their facts (data supported by theories) are perpetually changing. ;)

I am not trying to be cynical. I humbly apologize if that is the perception that you have. You are not being rude, so that should not concern you.

I stand by my opinion on Al Gore. Do some research on him and you'll eventually come to the conclusion that most have. Do yourself a favor and do not employ tunnel vision. You'll see many, many things we've all seen for many, many years.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:09:16 PM by martyinmi »
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2014, 05:19:15 PM »

Humans haven't existed on this planet long enough to even know what normal is

Anyone who believes this global warming stuff really needs to step outside the box and think for themselves

The planet warmed the same teeny tiny amount t from 1910 til 1940 as it did from like 1970 to 2000, I guess it was all the electricity being produced that caused that raise back in 1910 too lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »

Anyone who believes this global warming stuff really needs to step outside the box and think for themselves

The planet warmed the same teeny tiny amount t from 1910 til 1940 as it did from like 1970 to 2000, I guess it was all the electricity being produced that caused that raise back in 1910 too lol

Don't forget about all the off road vehicles and SUV's in 1910 as well.

Peoples perception of normal changes yearly.

Data can be changed, skewed or just ignored to reflect a new "normal".
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »

The scientific community seems to say the exact opposite of what you propose, as well as offer tested theories and data. 
To grasp where I'm trying to lead you here, you must first come to grips with what your word choices actually mean when used in the context(s) you've chosen.
First, look up Webster's definition of "theory".
Second, learn and understand what a "false dichotomy" is.

In the scientific community, the only thing that ever remains constant is the fact that their facts (data supported by theories) are perpetually changing. ;)

I am not trying to be cynical. I humbly apologize if that is the perception that you have. You are not being rude, so that should not concern you.

I stand by my opinion on Al Gore. Do some research on him and you'll eventually come to the conclusion that most have. Do yourself a favor and do not employ tunnel vision. You'll see many, many things we've all seen for many, many years.

I quite well understand what a theory is, and how the scientific method works.  So far you have offered only bluster to any aspect of any thoery.

Science is all about change, how ever you are making a serious logical mistake by saying that the facts change.   New facts and data are constantly being added, science is not willy nilly changing previously know facts however.  That's just silly.

Again I concern myself very little with Al Gore.   He has no bearing on my opinions or positions on this issue, and you seem to be fulfilling my contention that he is used as a strawman on this topic.

Neal
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:36:49 PM by NaturallyAspirated »

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »

I don't know of anyone that has made any claim or inferred what normal is supposed to be.  Do you have any quotes form the scientific community on what they consider normal?

Over the past 200 or so years the planet has gone through a very significant warming actually. 

Neal

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »

Where is your proof? 

So 200 years ago it was what?? 

Normal, my point exactly, who can say what's normal

Co2 at times was 10x higher than it is now and some of those times where during ice ages.  The fact is the climate has been far warmer than it is now, and also colder

Anyone who believes this global warming stuff for more than political fluff and can't say, we really have no way of knowing if it's natural or not, is drinking some major Kool aid.. 

But this is pointless,  no human will ever convince me it's anything other than political bull and scientist thinking they know things that turn out not to be so.....   

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »

I certainly hope it has warmed in the last 200 years considering right before that was the little ice age which lasted roughly 500 years.

http://www.eh-resources.org/timeline/timeline_lia.html

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/344106/Little-Ice-Age-LIA

The world would be a much hungrier place now if we were still dealing with the weather they had from roughly the 1300's to the 1800's. I can't find the article now, but a historian even contributes the high fatality of the Black Death as being brought on by failing crops at the start of the little ice age. People that are malnourished are far more susceptible to infections that those that are well fed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:34:27 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »

I certainly hope it has warmed in the last 200 years considering right before that was the little ice age which lasted roughly 500 years.

http://www.eh-resources.org/timeline/timeline_lia.html

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/344106/Little-Ice-Age-LIA

The world would be a much hungrier place now if we were still dealing with the weather they had from roughly the 1300's to the 1800's. I can't find the article now, but a historian even contributes the high fatality of the Black Death as being brought on by failing crops at the start of the little ice age. People that are malnourished are far more susceptible to infections that those that are well fed.

Must have been those coal power plants back in 1820 that started the global warming haha

A warm planet would be even better for humanity,  warmer equals more food
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2014, 04:01:30 AM »

Neal, I wish that I had both the time and the inclination to debate this with you, but I do not.

Al Gore is scum. He is an inherently evil human whose focus in life is making millions off from the ill-informed, all the while hiding behind his alleged belief in our creator.  Amen.
installed in 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9