Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Global warming, climate change? Article  (Read 32502 times)

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming, climate change? Article
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »

How you equate anything about your farming enterprise to the data that I presented and believe to be accurate and agree with (btw as does your buddy Roy!) to fecal coated poison is astounding.  You realize of course you just touted the work of "one of the most respected climatologist on the planet" as you say, as feces coated poison...   Now, you seem to have logged yourself square in the depths of an extremely hypocritical position.  Not the smartest debate move ever made I must say... 

Personally however, you do seem to suffer from ignorance, incomprehension, and airlock.  I'm calling a spade a spade here.

Let me draw you a picture...so to speak...with my words.
The "poison" is your view of climate change (global warming).
The "fecal coating" is the manner in which you present your illogical conclusions based on your interpretations of "theories".
Let me expand on your manner a bit. You present yourself as a condescending, character debasing, know it all.
Sooo...."fecal coated poison" should be understood this way by you:
"Your condescending, character debasing, know it all attitude is not  an effective way to sell your global warming theories".
 Very, very easy to comprehend. I'd wager that you are the only individual reading this thread who couldn't grasp the deeply hidden meaning of "fecal coated poison". Sorry about that. I'll try harder next time.

If being ignorant, lacking the ability to comprehend, and remaining in a perpetual air locked state are definitions that do not resemble you in any way, shape, or form, yet fully represent the current state of my existence, I'd like to sincerely THANK YOU for the compliments!!!

Troll on, my friend!!!!!!

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

Well said Marty.
installed in 2014

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2014, 05:45:30 AM »

NA, in my humble opinion you have the liberty to support and promote any theories that you wish, what really bothers me is that I personally do not think it is my responsibility to fund your theories, fund your own research and theories and I'll have no problem with what you are promoting but to steal hard working Americans money to promote it all and knowingly allow China or any other country to destroy our economy by not adhering to the same guidelines that your crowd and our government forces upon us here is just plain leaving a bad taste in my mouth!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2014, 07:27:47 AM »

Okay,,, I've stayed quiet on this topic but I will begin to interject my chemist's monkey wrench.

Global Warming Flaws:

1.  As scientists can only produce tangible,accurate data for the last 800 to 1000 years, there is simply no reliable way of knowing what "normal" global temperatures, sea levels, CO2 levels, etc. have been over the lifetime of the earth.  Scientists speculate that the earth is some 4.5 billion years old.... great, wonderful, "that's so awesome...."

So what?  Let's say every human being lives a mere 100 years,,,, with the existence of man on our beloved earth for some 200,000 years.

Let's just look at the numbers for argument's sake....

Human Being Lifespan : 100 years
Existence of Man on Earth: 200,000 years
Age of the Earth: 4,500,000,000 years

Again, so what?

Well,,, I'll tell you what... math helps a great deal here.

If we are soooooooooooooooo concerned with CO2 emissions, consider that the Industrial Revolution began in about 1760 or so.... some 254 years ago.  Let's "blame"  the Global Warming phenomenon all these man-made machines that consume and combust fossil fuels for varying purposes.

Ask yourself: what is a 254-year length of time over the 4,500,000,000 years of the earth's age?

(254 years / 4,500,000,000 years) * 100% = 0.0000546%

This means that the entire global warming "theory" (laughable hoax really) is roughly based on human events with fossil fuels over a whopping 0.0000546% of the earth's life. 

That's right folks..... an entire "indisputable fact" that global warming is devastating the earth based on a couple hundred years (use thousands if you like, it doesn't matter) of man's concern with the use of fossil fuels on the planet.

I am an advanced degreed scientist and science has served me well but it is pretty simple to see that the entire global warming "fact" (and all of its knee-jerk associated EPA and governmental reactions and regulations) is based on events that amount to no more than a "blink of an eye" relative to the age of the earth itself.  Simple statistics will tell you that there exists a normal oscillation of attributes over time (like earth temperature and sea levels, etc.) and no one can positively say that any slight increase or decrease in these attributes are not part of the normal variance of the earth.  Sorry "indisputable facts".... math and statistics win this round.  :o

There is simply no way of definitively knowing if any increase in sea levels, ice thickness at the polar caps, recent minute increased temperatures of the earth are (or are not) normal variances of the earth itself.... we simply have not existed on the planet long enough, we don't live long enough, and we do not know when the life of the earth actually "ends."

Bummer huh?  :'(  LOLOLOL!!!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:14:42 PM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD

Ched Bull

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: mf 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2014, 07:49:51 AM »

Sloop, you are Absolutly Correct my friend!
Stihl 261c, Home made 36 inch long 27 ton horazontal log splitter, John Deer 2520, 2004 Chevy Four Door Duramax 70,000 miles, Kirksville Mo.

Pinehouse4

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34/44
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »

Well said guys.

As the saying goes  " common sense is not so common. "

Bob
Stihl 028
Stihl 046
Wallenstien 820 wood processor
JD 6300 4 WD loader, blade, blower, forks,
BL 34/44 working great.

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »

How you equate anything about your farming enterprise to the data that I presented and believe to be accurate and agree with (btw as does your buddy Roy!) to fecal coated poison is astounding.  You realize of course you just touted the work of "one of the most respected climatologist on the planet" as you say, as feces coated poison...   Now, you seem to have logged yourself square in the depths of an extremely hypocritical position.  Not the smartest debate move ever made I must say... 

Personally however, you do seem to suffer from ignorance, incomprehension, and airlock.  I'm calling a spade a spade here.

Let me draw you a picture...so to speak...with my words.
The "poison" is your view of climate change (global warming).
The "fecal coating" is the manner in which you present your illogical conclusions based on your interpretations of "theories".
Let me expand on your manner a bit. You present yourself as a condescending, character debasing, know it all.
Sooo...."fecal coated poison" should be understood this way by you:
"Your condescending, character debasing, know it all attitude is not  an effective way to sell your global warming theories".
 Very, very easy to comprehend. I'd wager that you are the only individual reading this thread who couldn't grasp the deeply hidden meaning of "fecal coated poison". Sorry about that. I'll try harder next time.

If being ignorant, lacking the ability to comprehend, and remaining in a perpetual air locked state are definitions that do not resemble you in any way, shape, or form, yet fully represent the current state of my existence, I'd like to sincerely THANK YOU for the compliments!!!

Troll on, my friend!!!!!!
Utter crap.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2014, 11:23:10 AM »

NA, in my humble opinion you have the liberty to support and promote any theories that you wish, what really bothers me is that I personally do not think it is my responsibility to fund your theories, fund your own research and theories and I'll have no problem with what you are promoting but to steal hard working Americans money to promote it all and knowingly allow China or any other country to destroy our economy by not adhering to the same guidelines that your crowd and our government forces upon us here is just plain leaving a bad taste in my mouth!
The theory that the planet has warmed significantly over the past 200 years is something I very much support and promote. 

If you think that cooperative funding of research about or climate is not all our responsibility I will simply disagree with you on a fundamental level.

As much as we all (I assume here) think that government is far to large, they are still responsible for some things, and science for we citizens should be one of those things.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »

Okay,,, I've stayed quiet on this topic but I will begin to interject my chemist's monkey wrench.

Global Warming Flaws:

1.  As scientists can only produce tangible,accurate data for the last 800 to 1000 years, there is simply no reliable way of knowing what "normal" global temperatures, sea levels, CO2 levels, etc. have been over the lifetime of the earth.  Scientists speculate that the earth is some 4.5 billion years old.... great, wonderful, "that's so awesome...."

So what?  Let's say every human being lives a mere 100 years,,,, with the existence of man on our beloved earth for some 200,000 years.

Let's just look at the numbers for argument's sake....

Human Being Lifespan : 100 years
Existence of Man on Earth: 200,000 years
Age of the Earth: 4,500,000,000 years

Again, so what?

Well,,, I'll tell you what... math helps a great deal here.

If we are soooooooooooooooo concerned with CO2 emissions, consider that the Industrial Revolution began in about 1760 or so.... some 254 years ago.  Let's "blame"  the Global Warming phenomenon all these man-made machines that consume and combust fossil fuels for varying purposes.

Ask yourself: what is a 254-year length of time over the 4,500,000,000 years of the earth's age?

(254 years / 4,500,000,000 years) * 100% = 0.0000546%

This means that the entire global warming "theory" (laughable hoax really) is roughly based on human events with fossil fuels over a whopping 0.0000546% of the earth's life. 

That's right folks..... an entire "indisputable fact" that global warming is devastating the earth based on a couple hundred years (use thousands if you like, it doesn't matter) of man's concern use of fossil fuels on the planet.

I am a scientist and science has served me well but it is pretty simple to see that the entire global warming "fact" (and all of its knee-jerk associated EPA and governmental reactions and regulations) is based on events that amount to no more than a "blink of an eye" relative to the age of the earth itself.  Simple statistics will tell you that there exists a normal oscillation of attributes over time (like earth temperature and sea levels, etc.) and no one can positively say that any slight increase or decrease in these attributes are not part of the normal variance of the earth.  Sorry "indisputable facts".... math and statistics win this round.  :o

There is simply no way of definitively knowing if any increase in sea levels, ice thickness at the polar caps, recent minute increased temperatures of the earth are (or are not) normal variances of the earth itself.... we simply have not existed on the planet long enough, we don't live long enough, and we do not know when the life of the earth actually end.

Bummer huh?  :'(  LOLOLOL!!!!
That's all well and good, but the length of existence of the planet doesn't prove or disprove man's present impact on the present climate.  The two things are not mutually inclusive, nor are they exclusive.

Neal

skorpyd

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Code name "Woody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2014, 12:14:50 PM »

The same can be said for your charts graphs and theories.

They do not prove or disprove man's present impact on present climate or the degree of any correlation.  Nor the degree that unilaterally, dramatically, changing our lifestyle will effect the perceived problem.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »

So please stop stealing my money in the form of taxes to pay for one sided (Scientific) explanations designed to strip more of my liberties away!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

global what?...its the second week of spring and i still have  5 feet of frost in my ground
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »

I amazes me that the government is worried about the smoke from my boiler, yet when they cleared the right of way that ultimately took our house for a new highway they did not sell the timber off  many acres, in fact they would not allow me to cut trees off my place to use for firewood.

Instead they doused them with diesel and burned thousands of dollars worth of timber and enough oak hickory and ash logs to last me 100 lifetimes of burning my owb...

I did manage to snag a few logs and drag them over onto our new place, although without permission.  The contractors left some for me to get, but officially I wasn't supposed to.

State just did the same across the road today with a old house thats in the state park, but unlike you or me they didn't have to pull the shingles, vinyl siding or any other potentially toxic materials, instead they gave it to the local fire departments for "training".  Accidentally burn a few shingles around here and look out.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »

That's all well and good, but the length of existence of the planet doesn't prove or disprove man's present impact on the present climate.  The two things are not mutually inclusive, nor are they exclusive.  Neal

Agreed Neal.... and your response further proves my point:  global warming is theory with some data that supports it,,, and a good portion that does not actually. 

In difference to your previous statement

Global warming is happening it is proven fact.

....global warming is anything but "proven fact."  You may certainly disagree and buy into the global warming theory but you or I may or may simply not be alivelong enough to see the normal oscillation of sea levels down, additional ice formation at the polar caps, decreased global temperatures when global cooling occurs.  Perhaps there will be EPA regulations requiring increased production of CO2 emissions.  :-\  Something to think about.

If you believe in global warming, you certainly must believe in the mutually inclusive possibility of global cooling.... it might just be what the next 254 years has in store for the planet.  We just haven't personally experienced it due to our limited life span expectancy and the fact that accurate temperature measuring devices did not exist really until the 17th century.  ;)

I fully encourage you to believe whatever you choose to believe but please present your argument as "... this data supports (whatever the data supports; e.g. increased global temperature)" but please note that global warming is a theory, not a fact.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:19:35 PM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9