Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Global warming, climate change? Article  (Read 32467 times)

skorpyd

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Code name "Woody"
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming, climate change? Article
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2014, 10:21:03 AM »

Homerglide,

Not debating heartfelt opinions and standing up for your beliefs is what would be dishonorable.  Allowing ourselves to be shouted down and run over by leftists is what is bringing down this country. 

Oh your #2,    When not winning in the war of ideas change the subject, and redirect.   I knew it would get around to being George Bush's fault.

Spending money on research is not the problem, it's the radical changes that people are trying to propose based on unproven theories.

Some sure do have an agenda to take us down from within and they are in power right now.

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »

Personally I am for fiscal conservancy and social liberalism.  Libertarian is the best match for a political label for me. 

That caught me off guard, I can't see the two being the least bit compatible, if both belonged to the UFC it would be a cage match to the death.

Could you please explain in detail how a country could be fiscally conservative and still cater to the it ain't fair, throw some money at it till it's fixed crowd? Or how a country can be fiscally conservative and still cater to those that can't or won't take care of themselves and instead rely on my tax dollars to survive?
Being socially liberal doesn't mean throwing money at all the problems, that is a ill conceived partisan ideal in your head.  Being a supporter of equal right for minorities, gays, women, ect. for example.  Allowing birth control to be distributed to teens.  Being against voter rights.  Being against sexual harassment.

Neal
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:21:59 PM by NaturallyAspirated »
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »

Homerglide,

Not debating heartfelt opinions and standing up for your beliefs is what would be dishonorable.  Allowing ourselves to be shouted down and run over by leftists is what is bringing down this country. 

Oh your #2,    When not winning in the war of ideas change the subject, and redirect.   I knew it would get around to being George Bush's fault.

Spending money on research is not the problem, it's the radical changes that people are trying to propose based on unproven theories.

Some sure do have an agenda to take us down from within and they are in power right now.
Radical changes eh?  What radical changes have you faced from the government due to global warming, more fuel efficient cars? 

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »

Personally I am for fiscal conservancy and social liberalism.  Libertarian is the best match for a political label for me. 

That caught me off guard, I can't see the two being the least bit compatible, if both belonged to the UFC it would be a cage match to the death.

Could you please explain in detail how a country could be fiscally conservative and still cater to the it ain't fair, throw some money at it till it's fixed crowd? Or how a country can be fiscally conservative and still cater to those that can't or won't take care of themselves and instead rely on my tax dollars to survive?
Being socially liberal doesn't mean throwing money at all the problems, that is a ill conceived partisan ideal in your head.  Being a supporter of equal right for minorities, gays, women, ect. for example.  Allowing birth control to be distributed to teens.  Being against voter rights.  Being against sexual harassment.

Neal

Neal

Please elaborate.  think you might have a grammatical error, being against voter rights?

Indiana is extremely fair, voter ID for all, if you can't afford a ID, the state will give you one.

Far as birth control for teens, you can give them all you want, doesn't mean they'll use it.

Im a libertarian as well. I've finally admitted it, saving me a ton of money as well when the various republicans this that or the other thing call and are looking for handouts.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »

Neal

Neal

Neal

Please elaborate.  think you might have a grammatical error, being against voter rights?

Indiana is extremely fair, voter ID for all, if you can't afford a ID, the state will give you one.

Far as birth control for teens, you can give them all you want, doesn't mean they'll use it.

Im a libertarian as well. I've finally admitted it, saving me a ton of money as well when the various republicans this that or the other thing call and are looking for handouts.
Yes it was a grammatical error.  For voter rights!  I don't think that mean's not having to show an ID btw.

True, but if they don't have access to them they will not ever use them.

It's a decent way to be.  Not a perfect platform but better than either of the main ones.  :thumbup:

Neal

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2014, 12:24:37 PM »

It's a decent way to be.  Not a perfect platform but better than either of the main ones.  :thumbup:

Neal

Problem is, especially the last decade or so, you can't tell the difference between the two parties except for the (D) or (R) after their names. With either party its just more of the same, the same being a turd sandwich.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »

Neal

Problem is, especially the last decade or so, you can't tell the difference between the two parties except for the (D) or (R) after their names. With either party its just more of the same, the same being a turd sandwich.
Indeed, reelection is far to important to do the right thing.

Neal

Homerglide

• OWF Brand: Orlan EKO
  • OWF Model: Out in the shop - Model 25 gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2014, 12:40:59 PM »

If you read that I am blaming Bush for all the money wasted on that war, you are incorrect. The decision to go to war was discussed and voted on by both sides of the isle. We have been enlightened by investigations and individuals after the fact on how that all went down.

Tell us the gain for the liberal left after they take us down. In a societal breakdown, there probably will not be any social programs remaining. In my opinion, it is not a political issue but of powerful forces using the political system to divide the citizens of this country enabling them to achieve their goals. Divide and conquer has been around long before you and I got here.

Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

skorpyd

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »

If not the current administration dividing and conquering to achieve "fundamental transformation of the USA", who would be these powerful forces you speak of.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »

Sorry guys I have been busy today and may not have followed the thread entirely, my point to be made is that we as individuals need to be responsible for our own actions, this idea certainly should pertain to our elected officials, if they feel that they are doing what they were elected for then they will have no problem explaining themselves to the voters, lets face it, we all make mistakes, I'm simply tired of excuses and government not being held to the same level of responsibility as I am, both parties  seem to use this excuse and the taxpayer is always held responsible for the governments mistakes
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »

If not the current administration dividing and conquering to achieve "fundamental transformation of the USA", who would be these powerful forces you speak of.
Someone from the other party most likely.

Neal

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »

Sorry guys I have been busy today and may not have followed the thread entirely, my point to be made is that we as individuals need to be responsible for our own actions, this idea certainly should pertain to our elected officials, if they feel that they are doing what they were elected for then they will have no problem explaining themselves to the voters, lets face it, we all make mistakes, I'm simply tired of excuses and government not being held to the same level of responsibility as I am, both parties  seem to use this excuse and the taxpayer is always held responsible for the governments mistakes
I agree.  Term limits, benefits that end when office is left, prohibit anyone who has served from becoming a lobbyist, ect... would go a long ways...

Neal

Homerglide

• OWF Brand: Orlan EKO
  • OWF Model: Out in the shop - Model 25 gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »

You answer my questions and then I will answer yours.
Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

skorpyd

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »

You answer my questions and then I will answer yours.

I believe my answer was in the question.  What exactly was your question?

skorpyd

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »

Homerglide,

Radical changes eh?  What radical changes have you faced from the government due to global warming, more fuel efficient cars? 

Neal

How about the EPA basically shutting down the coal industry and several power plants that rely on coal.   How about the proposed "cap & trade" legislation that they tried to ram through.   How about the further proposed regulations on heavy trucks, that will make shipping much more expensive.  How about not basically shutting down federal land leases for energy exploration both oil and natural gas.  Cheap energy fuels America's economy and we have lot's of it we wont go after.

What about wasting billions on so called "Green Energy"  companies like Solyndra where many of the higher ups in the companies had ties to fundraising for the current administration.

Nothing wrong with "Green Energy" as long as it works in the free market without taxpayer subsidies. I'm all for new technology and innovation, I just believe it has to make it in the free market, not politically funded agendas.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9