Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone using a Ryobi pex crimper?  (Read 2592 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Anyone using a Ryobi pex crimper?
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »

I generally don't buy Ryobi tools and have all Dewalt 20V stuff but just came across these.
https://www.ryobitools.com/search?query=pex&Search=Submit
I am thinking about getting the crimper and switching to copper rings from the cinch clamps. I use the cinch clamps now because the tool can get into tighter areas much easier than the crimpers.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Anyone using a Ryobi pex crimper?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 10:45:48 PM »

I have a cinch block I use in tight space. M12 3/8” impact makes short work of it.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 03:45:02 AM »

It says 5 seconds per cycle. I'm trying to think if that's slower than what I do with my regular copper ring tools. Switching the inserts would slow things down a bit. After a long day a battery would look nice.
I've never had major issues fitting in tight places with the copper ring tools, if I think first (big if lol). I do have a close quarters ¾" tool to get up in between joists especially on those tees right under the water heater on old double-wides.
I'd like to see how the jaws open and how heavy the tool feels.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:10:10 PM »

I've got both a Ridgid and Nibco unit like that, never knew Ryobi made one until now. Smaller pipe I think a manual crimper is faster, and I do have the little pillow block contraption for close quarters too which works awesome but takes quite awhile so if you have quite a few crimps to make takes forever. With that said, the cordless ones don't fit everywhere either and they can be a painus in the anus to drag around as they're heavy and the jaws are very heavy and bulky. My Ridgid one is lighter and faster but will squash the crap out of a copper ring as it's designed for the Viega SS collars which are smaller, so I've all but stopped with the copper rings. The Nibco does a great job with them though as long as you take the time to keep them square. Different animal trying to keep the ring in place while holding a 7lb tool versus a 1lb manual tool so they do tend to get cockeyed sometimes. If I were doing it again, I'd probably aim for the Milwaukee tool. $300 more than the Ryobi but the Milwaukee is tried and true AND can use copper press jaws as well