Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tossed what to buy. Wood Master or Central Boiler  (Read 9449 times)

2muchtime

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Tossed what to buy. Wood Master or Central Boiler
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:50:42 AM »

Looking to buy owb soon. Like both these stoves. Both companies have been around a long time.
  Does anyone want to give me there 2 cents worth.

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Re: Tossed what to buy. Wood Master or Central Boiler
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:38:28 AM »

I have the woodmaster 4400 and it is great.  I looked at the CB as well, but the price of them turned me away, I had mine installed and everything for less than what the CB alone would have cost.  I think with either one of these stoves you won't go wrong.  If I had to do it all over again I would still by the WM in a heartbeat.  This may go for everyone, but I only fill mine up about half-way with wood and still get 12-16 hours even on the coldest days.  If you have any specific questions let me know.  Good luck in your decision.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

2muchtime

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

Is there any issuies wit the bottom open and pumps exposed

pdboilermaker

• Training Wheels
  • www.princesspetitepoodles.com
    • View Profile
    • Princess Petite Poodles
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:24 PM »

You cant go wrong with either one, my best buddy has a central and I have a woodmaster 4400 we have both had them for about 5 years.  Both are good equipment, there is no problem with the open bottom or the pumps on the woodmaster.  He chose a Central because there is a dealer close to him and it is the most populer around here.

I went with Woodmaster becaause I liked the faster recovery time with the fan and the eaiser to adjust temprature control for the water temp, lets you save a lot of wood if you turn the water temp down from 170-18 to 130-140 in the milder parts of the heating season.  Also lets you burn less seasoned wood.

I also liked the fact that it is on the "stilts", easier to install and helps keeps mice out.

My third and final preference was the round burn box, less welds to rust and holds more wood than central giving me longer burn times to cover my work time/bed time
Woodmaster 4440, Sthil ms310, Jeep Wrangler to pull home the wood, Noritz tankless water heater, smart car

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:54:34 PM »

Looking to buy owb soon. Like both these stoves. Both companies have been around a long time.
  Does anyone want to give me there 2 cents worth.

Woodmaster 4400 is what I bought seems to be a well built stove. Wish I would have done it sooner.
This will be year 2 for me haven't had any problems
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

I have a Central Boiler and I'd have to agree that each stove are pretty high quality.  If you search there are numerous posts about each on the site so you can do a little research about what people like or don't like about each one.
Pomeroy, Ohio

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »

I have a CB 6048 and I have no complaints about it.  I mostly went with CB because my brother is on his 12th year or so with his and had no problems ever.  And he burns all his garbage too.... :bag:

Personally, I like the square box on the CB and am not worried about seams.  I figure CB is a large enough company that they probably have either robots, or some pretty talented welders working for them, because I've never even heard of a leaky stove from them.  I mean even the round boxes have some seams on them.  So I think if the welds are good, like from a well known company, the welded seams thing shouldn't be an issue.
 And I really like the baffles on the top of the fire box, and the fact that the square box has more room inside than a round one.

Anyways... I think if you get any brand that's popular on this site, you can't go wrong. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:43:42 PM by Scratch »
Hudson, WI

2muchtime

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »

Thanks for all the input. I have decided to go with central boiler.  I agree with all of you on two top notch stoves. I have a c/b dealer here less than 10 miles. He has been great to work  with and no presure. He has even told me that if I feel I need a blower after running it. He will give me one free.
   So right now I'm scurring to get all hooked up so I can light a match. :thumbup:

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »

you wont need a blower have a 5036  i like it
Alan  Marydale ky

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

I don't feel the need for a blower either on mine, but I'd be very curious to try one out.  I'd take him up on that offer if I were you.  You can install it and choose not to use it, but it may work great. 
Plus you can "Test drive" it and let me.....uh, I mean us, know if it makes a difference or not!
Hudson, WI

2muchtime

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 05:06:15 AM »

I might just do that. I am all up and running now. I have a very happy wife. She said we should of done this the first time. I bought a Yukon Eagle 5 years ago. Thought that was the way to go for us. Because we snowmobile in the winter and would be gone to stoke owb. But this is so much easier. I can still sell my house someday with wood heat. But the owb is going with me. Thank all of you for your help.  Rod   :thumbup:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:12:24 AM by 2muchtime »