Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: CL 7260  (Read 9793 times)

mmw2110

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
CL 7260
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »

Has anyone installed a CL 7260 for commercial use? What are the pros and cons? We're looking to heat 20,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space via air handlers.......good idea?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: CL 7260
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »

first off i would ask if you have heated this space before and with what type of fuel then i would figure out how many btu you used and convert that to btu in wood. that would give you an idea of how much wood you wood require for a ehating season...then you could decideif you can buy, cut,beg or borrow that wood. 20,000 square feet is a large area.

an average home in ontario canada uses about 100 million btu in a season. that is useable btu so in wood that is somewhere between (depending on wood type) 5 to 8 cords, lets say an average home is 2000square feet and we use the low number of cords (5) that would be 10x 5 = 50 cords to do your area, now it may be less as you might not heat your area to the  same temp as you heat a house
these are only numbers off the top of my head as i look at online charts but they are likely close (but as i stated you likely will not heat the area to that of a home, maybe it would be half what i have stated , i can only guess but you can get an idea of wood usage)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mmw2110

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »

We currently use an old boiler that transfers steam throughout the building to radiators. We would have to have a (for lack of a better term)  "heat escape analysis"  done to figure out how many btu's we use since the system is so old. On the other hand, wood isn't an issue since we are in the business of manufacturing store fixtures. Our company actually pays $400 three times a month just to hall the scrap wood to the dump. Which brings me to my next question: Can one of these units handle burning particle board? I know it burns a lot hotter than natural wood and am worried it will wear the unit out faster than normal. The dealer says it wont effect the unit but I'm sure he'll say anything to get the sale. Also, should we choose pex pipe or copper since the lines will take a lot of abuse with water going out hot and coming back in significantly colder?

You're right about not heating the work space to a houses heat level, we will most likely have the temp. between 60 and 65.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »

We currently use an old boiler that transfers steam throughout the building to radiators. We would have to have a (for lack of a better term)  "heat escape analysis"  done to figure out how many btu's we use since the system is so old. On the other hand, wood isn't an issue since we are in the business of manufacturing store fixtures. Our company actually pays $400 three times a month just to hall the scrap wood to the dump. Which brings me to my next question: Can one of these units handle burning particle board? I know it burns a lot hotter than natural wood and am worried it will wear the unit out faster than normal. The dealer says it wont effect the unit but I'm sure he'll say anything to get the sale. Also, should we choose pex pipe or copper since the lines will take a lot of abuse with water going out hot and coming back in significantly colder?

You're right about not heating the work space to a houses heat level, we will most likely have the temp. between 60 and 65.
i would agree that burning the particle board won't likely affect the operation of the stove but i am not sure that all the glue and chemicals that may be in will do the air any good? (it is my personal opinion that you should not burn junk wood for the reason of pollution but i will not rant about that as it is my opinion and mine only)

pex or copper? that is also a personal choice if underground i would use insulated pex, in the building pex is nice as you can bend it and not have restrictive tees and 90 degree elbows that will help the flow of the water but copper is also good  for strength. if your stove is big enough to handle the heat load of the building your water should not be any more than 20 degrees cooler on the return side if youask around here i would make a guess that most are less than ten
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mmw2110

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

I agree about the burning of particle board, as I am a LEED Green Associate and am all about doing the environment right.  I'll make sure our company doesn't burn any of the particle board and only burns the natural wood.  Do you know anyone who uses one of these units for commercial purposes? I'd like to talk with them and get their feedback.....

I guess my last question is: WoodMaster or Central Boiler?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »

personally i don't know any one who has a comercial sized stove you might try this link and see what you come up with and then make sure your OWB can supply it

http://www.heatershop.com/btu_calculator.htm

let us know how you make out
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »

You might also look at our Heat Master 20,000 if you want a furnace that is up to the job of heating large spaces. I sold one near Charlotte NC that is heating 35,000 sq ft.
 The one thing you may want to look at, these furnaces are not pressurized and can not be hooked up to steam systems.  Make sure your system is designed for hot water and not steam before you spend a lot of money hooking up the outdoor furnace. Hot water systems have a supply and return, steam systems use the same line for both. Happy heating!
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

wrudoing

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »

We have been heating 15,000 sq ft with a 6048 CB and if you search my posts you see we are burning 90% scrap from our cabinet shop and there are issues with burning this kind of material, hot fires and extra gases make drafting and burn rate issues, which lead to other things.