Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: wiring on furnace and owb temp puck  (Read 1810 times)

vinrum

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
wiring on furnace and owb temp puck
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »

I have a problem getting my oil furnace to run when the OWB is not running.. The only way the oil furnace will run is if I disconnect one of the "T" wires on the Taco box for the OWB that's mounted on the the oil furnace.. The 2 "T" wires run to the little puck on the backside of the water storage of the OWB..  Also, when I shut the blowers off to load the stove, The main breaker for the OWB trips everytime..  Can someone please help..

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: wiring on furnace and owb temp puck
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:00:38 AM »

WOW who wired your boiler and what is it? I suspect the little puck you are referring to is a snap disc which it's only purpose is to control an overheat situation, that should be wired in series with your blower motor on the owb and it breaks on temperture rise to shut off the fan when the boiler gets to hot, next why do you have TT wires running from the Taco relay out to your OWB, it controls its own temp. I will PM you with my phone # if you call me I will try to talk you through it.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

vinrum

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: wiring on furnace and owb temp puck
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »

Slim, thank you very much for your offering..  I ended up calling the guy back who did the wiring when it was installed.. But it was my error when I replaced the taco box on the oil furnace.. I gave it a test run tonight, and all is good..Again, thank you for your offer.

Steve