Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I the only one confused  (Read 4931 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Am I the only one confused
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 06:03:16 AM »

#3+4 you can purchase pre made radiant manifolds that will hook directly to your radiant loops,get the ones with valves and flow meters built in to adjust flow to each loop, lets see parts? 30 pound relief valve-1, pressure guage-1, drains to add anti freeze-2, #30 Extrol pressure tank -1, and air elimination device, ( I like the Spirovent ) your expansion tank screws right into the bottom of the Spirovent, radiant heat mixing valve-1, tees and ball valves, try not to put any more elbows than needed and have fun!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »

Garage is attached and also will have radiant floor heat that I will tie into the OWB. Jared

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 04:23:14 AM »

If you have a chase that you can run pex from the indoor boiler to the garage put the heat exchanger in the basement and feed it from another zone off your gas boiler, this eliminates having to get a water feeder to the garage, all your mechanical stuff can be in the basement where it can be maintained easily.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »

if your garage is a double garage you will likely have enough square footage to require more than one loop in your floor (if youare using 1/2 inch pex) the recomended length for 1/2 inch pex is less than 300 feet in a loop. if you require more than one loop try and make all loops in that zone the same lenght so that your pump will be moving very close to the same amount of water through each loop
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »

I bought the 1/2 pex from menards and with that you can send to have a diagrahm of how you should run the pipe (very helpfull). They are 250 runs or just shy of it.  In the garage I have 4 loops. and in the basement I have 5 loops.  My queston is though I plan on having a manifold in the garage and one in the basement, As of right now this is my plan:

The setup:
first  thing I will havein the lines entering the house is obviously the pump then the thermostatic valve.
second  it would run through the water to water plate heat exchanger (for the pressurized radiant floor system) 
then it will run through the hot water heater and then furnace.

How does that sound
Pages: 1 [2]