Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wraparound pump size  (Read 2022 times)

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
Wraparound pump size
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »

Putting in my new outdoor wood boiler and I am connecting it to a pressurized hot water oil fired boiler. I am using a water to water exchanger so they will be on their own loops so to speak. My question is do I need a circulator to run through the oil boiler to keep it hot at all times? Central boiler has a diagram and they call it a wraparound pump. How would I size it or know which one to get?

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Wraparound pump size
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »

If you want the indoor boiler to stay hot all the time you will need to add the pump. If you happen to have a pump on the indoor boiler that runs 24/7 (or could be changed to run 24/7 without screwing up the system) then just put the heat exchanger in series with it.

If the indoor boiler does not need to stay hot, you can probably use a strap on aquastat to disable it when the OWB pipes are hot.

The pump would depend on heat exchanger size. Most likely something like a Grundfos 15-58 will work since there isn't much to pump through. If you can keep the pipes large and have a large heat exchanger a Taco 007 will move more water.