Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: For all those Newbies Looking for a boiler  (Read 27912 times)

drpinard

For all those Newbies Looking for a boiler
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:53 AM »

I just cant help but see all the posts about what outdoor boiler to buy. Recently I purchased an E2400 from Central Boiler. This unit takes care of everything. I own a 2800 sq ft home in New Hampshire and have had the unit running since October. Not once did this unit fail me or shutdown. It provides no problem as the computer runs everything. Sure there is creosote but this thing will even burn non seasoned wood if mixed in with some dry stuff. Unit never gave me a lick of trouble. So those who are looking for a boiler this is the unit. Now I see constant threads on other boilers but have to ask why would you buy a different brand for the same money and have less features than this one has. Not to bash, but I came real close to buying the Portage And Main optimizer 250. Actually,had a deposit for delivery on it. After hearing all the problems and so called "Learning Curve" Im glad I didnt. You shouldnt have to spend 14000 on a unit and have problems like I see on these threads. Sorry folks, but CENTRAL BOILER is the only way to go. E2400 will eat the competition. By the way Farmer 4 Hire in Conway NH is the man and I would recommend him to anyone. By the way a normal winter would run me 5K in propane and I have recently spent only $60.00 dollars for my Rinnai on demand unit. Have a great day

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: For all those Newbies Looking for a boiler
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:49 AM »

Sure sounds to me as if you are trying to bash PM, current pricing on the 250 is 11'500' where the heck did you come up with 14,000 You obviously have not seen the threads on here about those fancy controls being a problem either, how much money did you put for a deposit on the 250, if the shoe were on the other foot would central have refunded it, since you started the bashing lets talk about the differences in the boiler shall we.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:27:56 AM »

Mr. drpinard, not to sound disrespectful, but that's a little narrow minded.  My recommendations to newbies is the same with stoves as it is with guns.  You have to find the one that works for you and your family.  It's about which features you're looking for.  My favorite comparison is the conventional Central unit and the Conventional Heatmaster unit.  I don't think you can find two polar opposite units.  I compared the two and landed on HM.  My buddy has a CB and loves it.  It's all about what works best for you.  I tell people who go to a gun shop and the guy behind the counter says "you need a Glock, it's the only way to go"  I tell them to leave the store and never return.  How any anyone take your advice seriously if you only have "one way to go?"
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:34 AM »

Does the Dr stand for doctor, lets have an intelligent conversation about the difference between central and portage and main shall we doc.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:44:55 AM »

Mr. drpinard, not to sound disrespectful, but that's a little narrow minded.  My recommendations to newbies is the same with stoves as it is with guns.  You have to find the one that works for you and your family.  It's about which features you're looking for.  My favorite comparison is the conventional Central unit and the Conventional Heatmaster unit.  I don't think you can find two polar opposite units.  I compared the two and landed on HM.  My buddy has a CB and loves it.  It's all about what works best for you.  I tell people who go to a gun shop and the guy behind the counter says "you need a Glock, it's the only way to go"  I tell them to leave the store and never return.  How any anyone take your advice seriously if you only have "one way to go?"
Good post country boy john, thanks for the common sense

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:35:17 AM »

Posts like this make me chuckle. Here is a guy with no experience with any other brand who says none of them compare to his furnace.  :bash: :o He also asks why anyone would by a different brand for the same price as he payed for a CB. I guess thats a fair point, heck that would most likely be double or triple the price of many other brands. Why would anyone pay too much for another brand?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

chaikwa

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »

I just cant help but see all the posts about what outdoor boiler to buy. Recently I purchased an E2400 from Central Boiler. This unit takes care of everything. I own a 2800 sq ft home in New Hampshire and have had the unit running since October. Not once did this unit fail me or shutdown. It provides no problem as the computer runs everything. Sure there is creosote but this thing will even burn non seasoned wood if mixed in with some dry stuff. Unit never gave me a lick of trouble. So those who are looking for a boiler this is the unit. Now I see constant threads on other boilers but have to ask why would you buy a different brand for the same money and have less features than this one has. Not to bash, but I came real close to buying the Portage And Main optimizer 250. Actually,had a deposit for delivery on it. After hearing all the problems and so called "Learning Curve" Im glad I didnt. You shouldnt have to spend 14000 on a unit and have problems like I see on these threads. Sorry folks, but CENTRAL BOILER is the only way to go. E2400 will eat the competition. By the way Farmer 4 Hire in Conway NH is the man and I would recommend him to anyone. By the way a normal winter would run me 5K in propane and I have recently spent only $60.00 dollars for my Rinnai on demand unit. Have a great day
I've met some equally single-minded, ignorant people as you in my life, but I can't remember when. If you REALLY understood your OWB, you'd realize that no matter who the manufacturer is, it ain't rocket science. I think most of the OWB's out there are fine units and the problems people have with them stem from either the way they use them or the wood they're burning. And as far as cost goes, the way YOU think, if you spent 14 grand, you got screwed. I installed my boiler, which is heating a tad over 10,000 sf, for less than $13,000 COMPLETE. Your system cost you $5 a sf. Mine was only $1.30.

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:57:13 AM »

No mention of who your local dealer is and what brand is common in your area, obviously he is proud of his dealer, how does that relate to a guy 1000 miles away. Not knocking his choice, it works for him but that doesn't mean anyone else would have the same experience and not all that many people will be able to use his local dealer, add some shipping cost onto that price, maybe an airline ticket for the install.

willowbk

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: port/main
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:19 AM »

i actually took central boilers to the final round w/ portage and main.  but when my local central dealer who is 5 miles away, took 4 phone calls and two weeks to get me a quote, it made my decision pretty easy.  but wow did the phone ring when he saw the area being cleared for other new furnace.  you snooze you loose.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 07:32:32 AM »

He did mention his dealer 'Farmer 4 Hire' . He advertises new units on craigslist regularly for 'cost so that he can sell more units'. I would guess that he probably sells them close to dealer cost but then makes his money on the install.

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:48:50 AM »

Honda, I did not mean he didn't mention "his" local dealer and I have no problem with that, my point was supposed to be that the same local dealer doesn't work for everyone in this forum because of distance.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »

That's funny.  I only have 2k in my entire setup and it seems to keep my house and shop plenty warm and Hardy is still using same technology as they were the 70's.  Chevy, Dodge, Ford...... (notice I put Chevy first?) ;D   My OWB saves me tons of money in heating costs just like everyone else's boiler. 

I personally don't think I would buy a CB but that's my choice.  Once I can sweet talk my wife into it I'm going to buy a HM from Scott  :thumbup:  And if I do, I can guarantee I won't go running around telling everyone who owns something different that their stove is inferior to mine.  We're all here because we have something in common, let's not have the "I'm better than you" mentality. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:52 AM »

What yoder said, nothing short of comedy

Experience with one stove for a brief period of time and is ready to plant a stake and declare victory.

To bash p and m isnt a good thing to do either.  Id choose p and m over cb every time

But don't mind me, I just work full time in the industry and service all brands and models in my area, including CB.

This is NOT to say cb doesnt build good stoves, but we have all seen a lot of problems on there e models and lack luster attempts to try to fix them with propane igniters etc.  Centrals classics are good units but things havr evolved some since they were designed

But for anyone to bash p and m with central obviously aint been around much or theyd know they picked the wrong bone to chew, dont have a leg to stand on, etc etc etc
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 08:17:59 AM »

Thanks guys

franky1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »

drpinard,,,,,,this  websight has been awfully nice and helpful to a whole lot of folks,,,,,,,,,,,maybe u should leave..................
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7