Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Major in the dog house  (Read 1627 times)

d conover

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
Major in the dog house
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

I evidently have commited an atrocity... As we were building our house I told my wife I wanted the boiler to be close to the house and also it to be just a few steps off of the drive so I could put down some pavers and never get off of gravel or a walkway.
Let me preface this by saying at our old house I built a dog ear privacy fence on three sides of the boiler and planted flowers all around it. I told her I would do the same here.
I just assumed she knew the boler door would be facing the drive and right by the garage.  I should not have assumed. 
She pulled up last night just as I was finishing up the pad, and wanted me to scratch the year in the concrete before it set up.  I went to the front and started and she said why are you putting it there, no one will see it. I explained, she is not happy at all not even a little bit.
I had to promise to build a gate so no one can see the ugly boiler when they pull up the drive.
I have some concerns about putting anything in front of that door, but I have to..  My only alternative is a jackhammer and that is not happening.

Southeast Missouri
Hardy H4
044 Stihl
038 Stihl
5100s Dolmar
55R husqvarna
CS301 Echo

Jack72

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
Re: Major in the dog house
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »

hd5 Good luck with that one

your wife must be talking to my wife I didnt get as far as you did but I do have a extra pad now     mine is by my detach garage so she dont have to see it       I'm glad it ended up there after all so I had somewher to mount my camera       Heres a picture of mine       Jack       

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:26:32 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter