Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: HE models?  (Read 3639 times)

boss302

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Researching at the present
    • View Profile
HE models?
« on: March 10, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »

For you guys that have the HE model, are they more efficient and can you tell it in the amount of wood that you burn? I am trying to get an idea of how much wood you burn during a full winter, let's say heating 3000 square feet and domestic hot water in a well insulated house.

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
Re: HE models?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:07:03 AM »

that's a very hard question to answer but ill try , I hooked my 400 HE  late last year ( December)  , I bought it specifically for my greenhouse and bird aviary , I was using a rural king wood furnace and had to fill it up every 4 hours , still had wide temp swings and uneven heating , I hooked up my 400 HE and the temp was a stable 55 in the greenhouse and no temp swings and more importantly no excessive moisture , better yet was the fill times , I could fill it at 1000 pm and come back out at 700 am and still burning good , so that was a win anyway. I probably burnt a little more wood that I did with the rural king furnace but I am happy with the way it worked so far , I did run out of wood so had to burn a lot of green and a lot of old stuff that was laying in the woods for the last month

next season ill have the house hooked up,  5800 sq ft , I don't expect to heat the whole thing but supplement as much as possible. Ill also be better prepared with wood , cutting now for next year, I would suspect what you burn ( what type wood and seasoned or not ) will make a difference also ,

bottom line is I am very happy with it and I don't have to get up at 3 am to fill it up it was worth every penny

the last 3 years we lost a lot of stuff in the greenhouse due to freezing, lost NOTHING this year   , again worth every penny

if I'm comparing it to the rural king furnace it was very very efficient , but that's not a real comparison , my greenhouse is 1500 sq ft with nothing but 2 layers of 6 mil plastic, so no R value to speak of , temps go down to the 20's at night   highs 35- 40 most of the winter

hope that helps
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:13:43 AM by netwerx-r-us »
Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326