Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hard To Load Boiler For Smoke  (Read 6668 times)

Pinehouse4

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34/44
    • View Profile
Re: Hard To Load Boiler For Smoke
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »

Yes just try and work with that idea for a few days and tell us if it helps you.

At first the loading door gasket was too sturdy to stay close to being closed without latching it but now I can push it closed and almost no smoke leaks out. Then when I come back with the next armload, or a big block I can pull it open and load quickly. I think if all of that exhaust channel is hot and rising then that updraft must continue to draw some smoke up to take its place when the door is first opened, gives you a chance to load quickly then close again.   :)

Hope this helps you out,

Bob

Stihl 028
Stihl 046
Wallenstien 820 wood processor
JD 6300 4 WD loader, blade, blower, forks,
BL 34/44 working great.

FareNorth

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Hard To Load Boiler For Smoke
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »

My short experience matches those that already posted. I normally crank up the heat in my house and garage. By the time I get out to the boiler and get wood ready to load, the fan has kicked on. Find it to be the best time to load new wood and ensure ashes are cleaned out if stuck in corners and even out un-burnt wood and coals.

If I feel ambitious, I remove any ash using the tray. Amazed at how little ash is left to disposed of after a burn cycle.

Oh, don't forget to turn the heat down after loading wood. Embarassed to admit I have done this and had my house at 80 degrees while it was in the teens outside.
Pages: 1 [2]