Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Global warming, climate change? Article  (Read 32211 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Global warming, climate change? Article
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »

I find this article directly related to the crap we are dealing with now from the epa and ultimately it's directly related to our outdoor wood furnaces.

The end of the article sums it up nicely

http://www.cfact.org/2014/03/18/top-scientists-debunk-climate-change-myths/
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming, climate change? Article
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »

When previously asked on Fox Business News who is responsible for promoting unwarranted fear and what their motives are, Moore said: “A powerful convergence of interests. Scientists seeking grant money, media seeking headlines, universities seeking huge grants from major institutions, foundations, environmental groups, politicians wanting to make it look like they are saving future generations. And all of these people have converged on this issue.” - See more at: http://www.cfact.org/2014/03/18/top-scientists-debunk-climate-change-myths/#sthash.hfYU9bSN.dpuf

Great post Scott. I am not a believer in "Climate Change" or "Global Warming" and as this article reads it has happened before and it will again. It is a normal cycle.
  I am sure many got very wealthy of the idea of it though. Sad.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »

Scott - Thanks for the article.   :post: :thumbup:

I work at an Ivy League institution where the prevailing thought among some (not all) of the faculty is we're going to burn to death in the not too distant future if we don't do something about global warming.  Now, try having an opposing point of view with facts and they shout you down.  I see first hand how our tax dollars are being wastefully spent by people whose sole purpose is to get rich by scaring people into thinking we are all doomed.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »

....like all of these initiatives and concerns, they are "invented" in order to interest in a created topic and "investigate"  root cause.... but with someone else's money (a lot of wasted U.S. taxpayer dollars).  :-\

How do I know?  I wrote three National Institutes of Health grant (NIH) applications for obtaining >3 million grant dollars for graduate chemistry research!  :o  Don't thow rotten produce at me please.  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:55:40 AM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »

Scott - Thanks for the article.   :post: :thumbup:

I work at an Ivy League institution where the prevailing thought among some (not all) of the faculty is we're going to burn to death in the not too distant future if we don't do something about global warming.  Now, try having an opposing point of view with facts and they shout you down.  I see first hand how our tax dollars are being wastefully spent by people whose sole purpose is to get rich by scaring people into thinking we are all doomed.  Roger

My blacksheep liberal engineer uncle is a firm believer in global warming. Especially when it causes his stock portfolio to increase.  He cried like a baby when when the poop hit the fan over Solyndra. Hypocrite.

If the global warming folks were right, Florida would already be under water, the polar ice would be gone and polar bears would be extinct.

Global warming is nothing more than yet another scheme to give governments of the world even more control over their people under the guise of being in the best interest of the people. Think Obamacare on steroids.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:02:36 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

oldchenowth

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

I bet this winter set a few of those !@#$%^&* back in their claims.  Next week is supposed to be cold too.  It is funny how the "free thinking" can be lured into this closed minded cult by scare tactics.  The uber educated are the biggest extremists when it comes to warming, guns, execution, foreign policies, etc.  And I am the crazy one????

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »

AAAARK ME SCURRRVY MATES AS ANYONE SEEN ME MIND? seems I lost it!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »

I bet this winter set a few of those !@#$%^&* back in their claims.  Next week is supposed to be cold too.  It is funny how the "free thinking" can be lured into this closed minded cult by scare tactics.  The uber educated are the biggest extremists when it comes to warming, guns, execution, foreign policies, etc.  And I am the crazy one????

Most likely not. Just heard something on the news, when figuring the average temps this winter it's only the tenth coldest on record for the states.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Dragfluid

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »

Please give Al another Nobel.  ::)  :bash: :bash:
98 K1500
Case 1845C
Stihl 044
Stihl 025 (both with REAL chains)

menchhofer

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: o
  • OWF Model: o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »

Did not read the article but global warming is real. We cannot continue to burn fossil fuels, driving gasoline powered vehicles and add millions of tons of carbon into the air year after year without consequences. North pole melting more every year. Permafrost thawing  rapidly. Ice cover decrease. Only portion of glaciers left. Extreme heat in most of the US.  Do not have to be smart to realize what is happening. A natural cycle? Think again.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »

Did not read the article but global warming is real. We cannot continue to burn fossil fuels, driving gasoline powered vehicles and add millions of tons of carbon into the air year after year without consequences. North pole melting more every year. Permafrost thawing  rapidly. Ice cover decrease. Only portion of glaciers left. Extreme heat in most of the US.  Do not have to be smart to realize what is happening. A natural cycle? Think again.
So what melted the glaciers during the "ice age", Global Warming??…How about its a cycle on how the Earth works?..Maybe you need to think again..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 05:12:18 AM »

There is no question that the planet has warmed over the past 200 or so years at a significant rate.  There is also no question that man influences the climate.  The only real unknowns are the degree to which the changing climate man is responsible for, and the processes that Earth may go though to correct that influence. 

Personally I am for responsible stewardship of our planet and climate.  I don't believe that doing so requires a zero carbon footprint, however neither should we be irresponsible with our activities.  We should not run around like a chicken with it's head cut off screaming about the end of days due to warming, yet neither should we have our heads buried in the sand about what is going on.

Neal
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:20:55 AM by NaturallyAspirated »
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »

So what melted the glaciers during the "ice age", Global Warming??…How about its a cycle on how the Earth works?..Maybe you need to think again..
Previous warming and cooling periods of our planet does not mean that it is not happening now, nor that man does  not play a part in that process.  That argument is one of flawed logic.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 05:15:34 AM »

When previously asked on Fox Business News who is responsible for promoting unwarranted fear and what their motives are, Moore said: “A powerful convergence of interests. Scientists seeking grant money, media seeking headlines, universities seeking huge grants from major institutions, foundations, environmental groups, politicians wanting to make it look like they are saving future generations. And all of these people have converged on this issue.” - See more at: http://www.cfact.org/2014/03/18/top-scientists-debunk-climate-change-myths/#sthash.hfYU9bSN.dpuf

Great post Scott. I am not a believer in "Climate Change" or "Global Warming" and as this article reads it has happened before and it will again. It is a normal cycle.
  I am sure many got very wealthy of the idea of it though. Sad.
There is far more money to be made by denying warming than there is money being given to study the idea.

Neal

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 05:18:23 AM »

....like all of these initiatives and concerns, they are "invented" in order to interest in a created topic and "investigate"  root cause.... but with someone else's money (a lot of wasted U.S. taxpayer dollars).  :-\

How do I know?  I wrote three National Institutes of Health grant (NIH) applications for obtaining >3 million grant dollars for graduate chemistry research!  :o  Don't thow rotten produce at me please.  :P
Saying that "all of these initiatives" are invented in order to waste taxpayer dollars is simply idiotic and not understanding the problems. 

Educating ourselves about the world around us, and our impact on it is about the farthest thing from a waste that is possible.

Neal
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9