Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Govt control of owb quickly approaching, another attack on our freedoms  (Read 4585 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile

So if I read this correctly we may be looking at new regs next year? And then more in 2017?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile

Yep... 

Likely all states will be forced to go into the current phase 2 regs by next year.  Some states will likely go ahead and adopt stricter regulations than phase 2 next year while everyone else stays under phase 2 until 2017.

This simply sucks no matter how you look at it......
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

jnicol6600

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmaster
  • OWF Model: 6000e
    • View Profile

considering what the epa has done to other industries it may be time to hit the reset button >:(

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile

Read the whole article..Wheres the line gonna be drawn? Ridiculous...What gets me, why is coal in a different cat.?  Burns a lot dirtier than wood.. I live in a EPA phase 2 state..But the coal owb's you can buy....How much cleaner can you get with wood?...I think this country including the EPA have bigger things to worry about than the small guy that burns wood in any type of stove..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile

The problem with owf is no fuel lobby, oil has huge control of the gov. and coal does too, so until big companies wanna sell wood we are crap otta luck, we buy owf so we don't have to be dependent but our gov is controlled by them. 
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Scott7m

• View Profile

It's part of the liberal agenda ya know, they think a gun is more dangerous if its black or has a fancy forearm.   They think wood boilers are bad because they can visually see those. 

I'd like to see owb companies hook a propane port to them and a burner, then when the customers get them home rip it out and burn wood lol...  It may work for a while haha
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile

It's part of the liberal agenda ya know, they think a gun is more dangerous if its black or has a fancy forearm.   They think wood boilers are bad because they can visually see those. 

I'd like to see owb companies hook a propane port to them and a burner, then when the customers get them home rip it out and burn wood lol...  It may work for a while haha
The only owb company where you can get that option and have the becktett burner for oil or propane is Central Boiler that I know of...
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Yooper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

"Other experts say it will be achievable, but the stoves that will be made may not be as appealing to consumers."

This means they will be more complex and more expensive.  I don't think there are that many wood boilers in use in the United States to make much of a difference to air quality.  What is really prompting this?  Is it narrow minded groups like the Sierra Club?

Scott7m

• View Profile

It's not big oil, it's not corporations, people who say that make me chuckle.

The pressure comes from tree hugging groups and there like minded counterparts who have weaseled into our govt and EPA.  They are here to save us all from our own ignorance!
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
Re: Govt control of owb quickly approaching, another attack on our freedoms
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »

Whatever ain't stoppin vic6deep bringit.

Daped01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:47 PM »

good thing i'm getting into the game now!

oldchenowth

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »

Don't use a mig or tig gun Yote.  You may hurt someone or have the potential to hurt some one with that extra wire sticking out the end of your GUN!  Even though you bought your welder legally, it may fall into the wrong hands and become a dangerous weapon. 

How, exactly, are we to preserve fossil fuels and use renewable sources of energy by not being allowed to burn wood and forced to burn oil or propane or gas?  Am I missing something here?  I always thought wood was renewable.  I can't even get gas, and can't afford oil or propane.  It must be nice to know how everyone lives and that money just shows up in your checkbook when you are making decisions from the 50th floor of your city office building and your butler is bringing you your afternoon martini.  Guess us little people from rural Portland, MI are just too stupid to think for ourselves.  God forbid we work for a living.

jcc273

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »

How, exactly, are we to preserve fossil fuels and use renewable sources of energy by not being allowed to burn wood and forced to burn oil or propane or gas?  Am I missing something here?  I always thought wood was renewable.  I can't even get gas, and can't afford oil or propane.  It must be nice to know how everyone lives and that money just shows up in your checkbook when you are making decisions from the 50th floor of your city office building and your butler is bringing you your afternoon martini.  Guess us little people from rural Portland, MI are just too stupid to think for ourselves.  God forbid we work for a living.

Amen! 

My cousin was working for the EPA as an environmental engineer for about the past year out of Pittsburgh, but she just quit.  Said she couldn't stand the hypocrisy of it anymore.  She tested water and if a test failed the EPA would fine the company 75K+, but the problem is the ones getting the fines are these little businesses, the ones that often can't afford to comply with the ultra-stringent regulations of the EPA.  Meaning you are shutting down mom and pop and leaving the big businesses.  What a messed up system : /
Jarrod
Hardy - H2
Northwestern PA

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »

I already sold all my guns ...my boiler ...bought a electric car and I  took up smoking dope...I should fit right in now..%$$%@#@$#&^%^&
Pages: [1] 2