Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for low speed fan?  (Read 3016 times)

Axeman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Looking for low speed fan?
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:12 PM »

Hi everyone i am new to the site and i have a Central Boiler and i am looking at ways to get a more steady or constant heat from our forced air system and my idea is to install a low speed fan under the heat exchanger that i could turn on or off by a switch which would blow the hot air through the ducts. As it is already if you put your hand by the registers you can feel a small amount of warm air radiating out even when the blower is not running so my thought was to install a fan that would run at a very low speed and push that warm air through the ducts giving me a constant heat my problem is i cant seem to find a very low speed fan that might work for this unless someone on here might have some ideas?

bruey

• View Profile
Re: Looking for low speed fan?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »

if you go to a heating and air wholesaler,( they should sell to you), they make what is called a line booster, it goes into a duct that doesent send alot of heat to a certain room and boost the air volume in that run .  i dont see why that wouldnt work, good luck.
Newrichmond, Ohio

dumbodog00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

I agree with bruey.  I had a house built and the HVAC company was incompetent.  Long story short, we have four fans that run when the furnace comes on.  Each one resides in the duct that feeds our upstairs bedrooms.  They are each on rheostat (dimmer switch) that controls the fan speed.  It has done a good job to heat and cool our upstairs.  If you need more info., let me know.

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »

one thing you could do is set your blower on your furnace on its lowest setting and damper the rooms that get to hot. the heat is always their, its just a matter of moving it when and where you need it.  dont forget to turn the fan back up for the  ac in the summer . ;D
Newrichmond, Ohio

anightd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

How do you know if your fan is blowing the correct amount of air into the box? I have read post that suggest lowering the amount of air allowed in and others that want to feed the until more air.

dave

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:29:29 AM »

the box i guess is the heat exchanger in your furnace, the faster the air passes the unit the cooler the air becomes, it going through so fast it cant heat up as much as when air moves slower. be more exact on your question and i will try to help you out.
Newrichmond, Ohio