Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: ProFab has some issues!  (Read 39987 times)

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
Re: ProFab has some issues!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »

Scott how about where you liked someone else's post, just as you did to me in another. You could have helped him public or private without all this stuff. Your replies are more negative or about things spider did wrong than they are helpful.
Where is some compassion for the guy. He spent money to have it all done because he doesn't know about boilers.he sounds like the classic case you always pretend to help out. To high utility bills and needs a wood system. Its obvious he's out in the boonies with not a lot of resources. I mean pro fab must think a hardware is qualified to sell their product, they are a big and great company.
I think if we compare your help and replies to slims, you are by no means a slim, but you pretend to be and drop his name whenever you get the chance. It might make you look good to some , but it's about real help with solutions. Slim helps out any way he can with NO regard for compensation. Actions speak louder than words.
Spider a perfectly fine guy tries the nice route, gets nothing or similar responses as he got here. Well does he walk away and now have a12k lawn ornament as you say, or does he turn up the heat to get something done. Unfortunately in the OWB industry you have to be like that or nothing gets done. I think this would be an easy case for you to do more than his dealer could. Make you look like a hero. Or will we just read more posts full of excuses, things he did wrong and how upset he is after loosing on a big investment. This is what you get when you deal with an unlicensed or regulated industry. There are not enough good individuals to clean it up, to many are looking for a quick buck.

Storage helps in ALL boiler applications, whether it be as small as a 30 gal buffer or 2000 gallons. The most efficient boilers in the world use them regardless of fuel source. As soon as you have a battery you eliminate the sizing problems so many complain about.
Michigan Thumber

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »

Could we all take a moment to reflect here, blame games don't work on either side, I know Scott well enough that I'm sure he has done and will do more to help.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »

Cleaned my computer and re post a previous reply, how does that happen.

Good, sounds like I will see a conclusion.

For the little its worth I would allocate some of that space in the new build to Storage, a couple of propane tanks mounted vertically and heavily insulated should do it.

Run the heat from the OWB into storage.

From the storage I would have three systems, one to the house, one to the garage, one for hot water.

Then I could burn that Boiler flat out as and when my storage dropped low.

Boiler will operate as designed.
You should see a reduction in wood used.

Cost should not be that significant if you DIY. Or have a friends who can weld/plumb and owe you one.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:55:55 PM by TheBoiler »

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »

There has been countless situations where I've spent hours on the phone, road, emails fixing problems I never saw a dime for. 

Sprinter,  it's like this, if I can help him by putting him connection with the right people and help it happen in a productive manner, I still will.  The posts were all about trying to get the info out of him and he takes it out on us,  and starts with saying he wants to be a dick and get lawyers involved, his words not mine

I think since then he realizes things got out of hand and that's fine, I don't have no hard feelings towards him and realize some people get bent out of shape in these situations.  But it never helps.

There has been countless pm back and fourth with me and several members on the forum here talking about how we could help him etc.

But I don't pretend to do anything

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Pro fab
  • OWF Model: Pro 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »

I do not know where there is a 81. There is interstate 80. I am 15 north of it. And 15 mins from 79

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »

Whats ur number?  On Monday im calling your dealer and ill relay back to you whats said, ill also contact profab to hear what there hearing from the dealer
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »

Storage helps in ALL boiler applications, whether it be as small as a 30 gal buffer or 2000 gallons. The most efficient boilers in the world use them regardless of fuel source. As soon as you have a battery you eliminate the sizing problems so many complain about.

Excuse my ignorance, but if Spyders problems are from an already oversized boiler wouldn't adding more heat storage make it worse? Granted if he was heating up a thousand gallons it would burn longer, but wouldn't the idle times also be longer? Unless of course you added enough storage to treat it as a Garn and just fired once a day.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2014, 04:59:04 AM »

That's exactly what I'm thinking, I'm also thinking with a bit of help to run it from the good folks on here he might be ok.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2014, 06:26:49 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but if Spyders problems are from an already oversized boiler wouldn't adding more heat storage make it worse? Granted if he was heating up a thousand gallons it would burn longer, but wouldn't the idle times also be longer? Unless of course you added enough storage to treat it as a Garn and just fired once a day.
The goal of mass storage is to build a fire, let it burn full out to get your storage up to temperature, then heat your home from the thermal mass you've stored.
Some folks can go a few days before they need to build a new fire. The ones who burn year round to heat their DHW in the summer can sometimes get away with one burn/week.
I have a couple friends employ mass storage. It works really well for them in their particular situations.
I'm not sure how it would work for me with my work schedule.
I like being able to just throw a few pieces in before work and a few more in after work.

If Spyder had 2000 gallons of storage in his home, he could more then likely get away with building one fire to charge his storage every other day, or even every third day. It would all depend on his heat load. In theory, with the boiler not smoldering anymore, the issues he's having should go away.

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »

Some questions on your storage. How can you have the burner off if the manual says the temp can't drop below 150? And also keep it from  freezing? I was going to put in a 80 hot water tank and have the garage pull from it.
Here is some pictures, I already tried to send them once but it failed, so trying again.
White pex is 1" comes from boiler to inside, then it has a T and splits off, one goed to the exchanger in the furance, the other goes to the Plate it is a AIC m#LB31-10XJ. The blue is the DHW(80gallon), goes from plate to a pump then over to a T on the inlet of HWT, HWT outlet has a T and runs back to the plate. This was before they tryed to install a mixing valve. Epic fail. ran out of water in one shower and I told them it was wrong. Also tried hooking up the DHW pump to the t-stat on HWT and I also said that was going to work since the HWT is 220 and pump is 110. So these are pics of it now.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »

Also to the comment that was made about it being Plugged up. Yes it is. I informed them i was letting it run due to not fronting the electric bill. And to keep it from turning into a block of ice, then I would be getting blamed for that. So yep it's a plugged up..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:46:32 AM by Spyder5276 »

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »

You dont have to keep fire in it to keep it from freezing...  The circulation of water in and out of the home is plenty to stop that.

Slim, my thougths on storage was something we discussed when we met, the nastiest time for the indoor enviroment in a boiler is the start up and def the sharp cut off, if he were to add storage he wouldnt have all these short inefficent burns but rather longer hotter burns.   

Spyder, if you did storage there is a dozen ways to keep your boiler from freezing, its not an issue really, as matter of fact if there was no heat being drawn off it would likely stay above 160 for all day..

Perhaps, if thats not feasible he can just load it much lighter than he has been and not go for killer burn times until his additional sq footage is added. 

Spyder, im not following how the problem you have is affecting your tube cleaning.  I would getnon top of that before it gets any worse.  The dealer if he ever does do anything will def not clean your tubes as hell say its your job to do maintenance, empyre wont pay that ant thought either.  I would just do it before it gets worse and ptentially damages something.  Lets make it clear im not saying its right or wrong but just saying chances of the dealer doing it are slim to none

do you want me to call your dealer and Pro fab, im going to need some information if u do
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »

I just wrote a long reply and somehow a previous post was used, never had that happen on any other board.

You can use a Glycol mix is you want absolute freeze protection.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:46:24 AM by TheBoiler »

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2014, 01:01:19 PM »

Not trying to be mean but you need to cut that plumbing off where it enters the house, and redo everything from the start. List what you are trying to heat and we can give you a layout of how it should be setup.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »

The holes in the air box is not letting the large amounts of air in. So it just smoldered. Causing large amounts of cresoide to build.
I wrapped it in metal duct tape. It shut down as of yesterday. And have leaks in the plumbing at the stove now it's cooled down. Grrr
I will be heating the house 1800sqf. And the garage is 28x32. With 28x16 upstairs. In progress now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9