Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Failed tests?  (Read 21000 times)

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
Failed tests?
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Seems that Shaver may have been fudging? see:http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=viweaniab&et=1109252550607&s=22144&e=001Aolzl4VTrC3yXa6u3hxWhlVwCHxLUl_GzPzhIGZIe-bP_hjhcld9OjQi8_rxp7epcFFD0ohg_KcZQEKUxZ5Fb6gK1ECQtGrzv3CR4S65CY5XBiEjG5mgS1wPzrWpdVQJh0B4SQXbu0jdEZcvA196nkXDk7EEGf47ltc0BjHDe2Bibgk1tGheop4W7d2_TMyHe4ME9LVyheBIeYSLU25lJ9E07l97oBzF_rtZuPTnfOrRFPyp71lyshsNRqRQm0FswpFkthkaAA7bj3V-7ng1gA==     

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Failed tests?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:57:05 PM »

I can't get the link to work but i can't imagine them ever actually testing them.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

tinner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »

It looks like all the griping the legitimate companies did finally did a bit of good. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »

It looks like all the griping the legitimate companies did finally did a bit of good.

All the legitimate companies might as well have done the same thing if all they do is tell them to stop giving out the certificates.

brink1963

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »

How is the efficiency of an OWB measured? I have a Shaver 165 and I have burned for the most part dead tree timber (already fallen) since October. I heat a two story home with two heat exchangers plus DHW.  My total cost out of pocket for the wood I burned would be less then $200. I will probably save over $2000 by not buying propane this winter. I am happy with that.

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »

The EPA are revamping the test.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

You didn't have to have an EPA test done, it could be done by anyone from what I can gather , that's how they got away with it.  But RSI is right, everyone should have if they just ask em to stop.  Shoulda had to refund the tax payers

I did some numbers under central boilers section on ridge kids stove if you want to see hoe to calculate efficiceny on your unit at home.  His cb 5036 was about 48% efficient, right in line with most conventional boilers.  I have checked a couple hardys and they have been in the upper 30's.  The heatmaster e series and portage and main double pass conventionals probably are in the 60-65% range based oN what checking ive done
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »

Okay,

In "layman's"  terms what in the hell does all of this mean?  Explanation please "without" bashing the Shaver product.  We Shaver owners have to always put up with that kind of talk, so just lay it out plain and simple for me.  Thank you kindly.

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »

Plain and simple..

They ripped off every tax payer in the country for there own gain.  Claiming ther stoves were 75% efficient to qualify for the tax credit.  They knew all along they weren't even close to those kind of numbers.  However they wanted there piece of the pie and didn't want to develop a stove that could actually do that. 

So, they mid led every customer, the IRS, and every tax payer to line there wallets. 

It's fraud at it's most common sense, what I meant by legitimate companies, was the ones who actually spent 100k dollars developing a stove to make 75%, they griped enough to get it to stop.  Shaver wasn't the only one doing that, but they were the most forceful and misleading through there claims.  Across the industry shaver is hated by most manufacturers because they feel they give the whole industry a bad name through activities such as this one. 

That's as simple as I can put it, no personal opinions involved
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »

In all honesty, we should ALL get tax credits for burning 100% renewable energy to heat our homes!  I could see getting a tax credit for a high efficiency gas or electric furnace because you are using less fossil fuel but we aren't burning ANY (except the tiny amount for fans and pumps).  If they are really concerned about the environment they should bend over bacwards for people like us!  I believe though that is not really the case......     :-\
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

Thanks Tinner, for getting a hyperlink on here that worked.

jimr

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 06:47:20 AM »

just looks like just another mud slinging episode to me.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »

just looks like just another mud slinging episode to me.

The IRS makes the info available and you expect people to be happy they acted in such an unprofessional manner?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

what i have learned from this site is most on this site dont whant enything from the gov we are looking for the freedom from them  and strive to be self reliant and at least my gole is to go off the grid,  but back to the tax that iam not smart enough to do my self   H&R block was going to give me a creidt for my  homemade dog if i only could find out how to be tax free
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5