Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: owb Site preperation  (Read 2113 times)

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
owb Site preperation
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

Ok so I am building a new home in South eastern WI, I am installing a CB 5036 boiler. I am looking for any suggestions on how much area around my boiler I should prepare for wood. my plan is to put in a 20x20 pad next to the boiler I was thinking I would start with gravel and then finish it off with Recycle asphalt compacted the following year. My plan was to bury the in and out line about 2-3 feet should I go deeper, I am running water so I will be deeper? (using CB insulated line) Any advise on this would be great Thanks jared

andyhowardcity

• View Profile
Re: owb Site preperation
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »

Sounds like fun!  My experience is, where I plan on putting my wood is where I have space.  I started with a 70 x 12 concrete pad from a trailer that was on the property.  That has been filled for the last year or so along with cords of about 2-3 cordss scattered in "drive through" rows throughout my yard.  I have a hard time turning free wood down  ;) and I don't even have my outdoor boiler yet!

Also, I don't want to have to move it more than twice if I can help it.  Once to the property, and then next to the boiler  :o
So, I would say give yourself plenty of room and let the Mrs. if there is one that you have the option to bring home extra if necessary.
Timberwolf 5000 (Installed 9/2013)
Sidearm heat exchanger (in process of being installed)
20 cords of hardwood and 10 of soft ready to go :)
Stihl MS 362
Fiskars X27

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: owb Site preperation
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »

DITTO Ito
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.