Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Radiant Setup questions  (Read 1664 times)

Bdub

• View Profile
Radiant Setup questions
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »

Hey, im really glad that ive found this site and have already gained so much from reading and searching the site. Im ready to start setting up my system and would like to know where i can make improvements or what shortcomings I may have...
The system will be 1100 sq. ft. radiant insulated slab (basement), 1100 sq. ft radiant joist instalation each will have 4 loops, I also will heat my domestic water. The OWB will be a 250,000 Btu unit and have a 235 gal water tank. There will be 2 maybe 3 pumps on the owb not shure where to put the Domestic pump yet, its heat exchanger coil will be in the OWB. I would also like to run the upstairs and basement off of seperate supply and return lines due to the differing efficencys of of each. If nessicary? Each 4 zone supply manifold will be preceded by a 3 way zone valve then a mixing valve. The return manifolds will be followed by a tee for the mixing valves, a check valve, then another tee for the bypass from the zone valve. I also plan to use a mixing valve preceding the existing hot water tank allong with a circulator. Pumps will run constant, radiant supply and return 1", radiant loops 1/2", domestic supply and return 3/4", OWB 70' from house. Any sugestions would be a huge help. Thanks