Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: December 23, 2023, 12:37:29 PM 
Started by bjp - Last post by bjp
I would say heat would be your best bet

Thanks, you're right. About three minutes direct blast with the propane weeder torch on low softened it right up to where I could get a socket on there.

on: December 20, 2023, 10:41:56 AM 
Started by bjp - Last post by Deebles62
I had the same issue. Yes, the flame thrower weed eater works.  Catches the creosote on fire.  Knocks off easily after that.

on: December 20, 2023, 10:35:12 AM 
Started by Deebles62 - Last post by Deebles62
I have a central boiler classic edge 550
I've had it for 3 years -
This year it's running poorly.  Won't get up past 900 degrees in the chamber
Rarely bumps into "high"
The water temp is set at 185
Pulse at 225 every 25 minutes
Wood - mostly hardwood  - same as last 3 years - seasoned for 10 months  NOT optimal - it runs about 19 to 30% wet - so yes, we have some creosote buildup
Did a major cleanup this past spring. New door gasket, pulled apart the chimney (actually pretty clean), scrubbed out the upper part over the heat exchanger, which had some build-up. 
Replaced door insulation on the back of the exchanger access. 

This year I noticed that there is creosote in the combustion chamber!!!  WHAT THE HECK!!  is that supposed to happen?
My dealer gives me the same speech.. wood is too wet (that's his answer for everything) - but I thought I was able to burn wetter wood, it's just less efficient.

I did notice a piece of fiberglass gasket in the coal pile inside the unit.
I don't want to shut the unit down right now (cause it's cold and we have no alternate source of heat :( )
Is it possible the gasket around the tray needs to be replaced?  and HOW THE HECK do I do that? 

on: December 20, 2023, 09:45:58 AM 
Started by bjp - Last post by Walleye
I would say heat would be your best bet

on: December 20, 2023, 09:42:10 AM 
Started by Scratch - Last post by Walleye
Hard to beat frree firewood

on: December 18, 2023, 04:17:45 PM 
Started by Scratch - Last post by Scratch
Today they just finished dropping off their final delivery of 25 dump truck loads of free wood. It's Cottonwood, but it'll still burn!

on: December 18, 2023, 11:06:17 AM 
Started by bjp - Last post by bjp
I know this place is dead right now, but why not ask. I've been having poor performance with my Classic Edge 750. Lots of difficulty getting reaction chamber temps above 600F or so, occasional runs up to 1000F but none of the 1500-1700F temps I have seen in the past. Pretty sure my air channels are caked up with creosote.

I have the left air channel fully removed (a bit of creosote, not too bad). For the right air channel, I have one of the two acorn nuts removed, the second one is covered with creosote, enough that I can't get a wrench around it to even start it turning. Any tips on getting this cleaned up enough to get it removed? I've been hacking at it with the scraper tool, with a flathead screwdriver, with anything I can think of. The only other idea I have is to take my propane flame weeder and blast it with heat for a while, hoping that will burn off, or at least soften, the creosote enough that I can get it removed.  Anyone have any other good ideas? Maybe a dremel and a sanding or cutting wheel?

The front air channel is also pretty tough to remove, even after pulling the acorn nuts. Been working on prying it out with a screwdriver and hammer claw, it should eventually make it off.

I already have replacement channel hardware so it should be easy once I just get this stuck part off.

on: November 17, 2023, 05:53:28 AM 
Started by TheSnowDO - Last post by TheSnowDO
So......

No more mortar nozzles for the Optimizer 250 / 350 Series.....

5/8" Carbon Steel Plate nozzles only??

Would LOVE some recommendations for the best method to position and secure this new nozzle which I have never used.

Todd

on: October 27, 2023, 02:38:15 PM 
Started by Super44 - Last post by Super44
Fired up the boiler today with no issues.  Vahooo!!

on: October 27, 2023, 02:37:15 PM 
Started by juddspaintballs - Last post by Super44
When I first installed my pipping I use Shark bites but have since replaced all but 2 of them with crimp rings.  The 2 still in the system will also be replaced when the leak.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10