Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Armstrong pumps  (Read 12287 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Armstrong pumps
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »

I am working on calculating flow based on restriction on the 180' round trip of 3/4" pex. It looks like the E9 will do about 6.5 GPM and the 007 will do 3 GPM.

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »

Looks like an 009 will do about 5gpm.

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

What is ideal? I know i'm on a budget but if i need to save a little long to do it right i will. wont hook this all up till the summer/fall for next winter. what would the E9 do?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »

5 gpm is not much. as best i would guess bare minimum if even enough
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »

Looks like a Grundfos 15-58 would do about 4gpm.

All these numbers are for just the underground line itself so you will probably get a little less on all of them.

So, going off my calculations I came up with these numbers for the 180' round trip of 3/4" pex.
Taco 007: 3GPM
Grundfos 15-58: 4GPM
Taco 009: 5 GPM
Armstrong E9 6.5 GPM

I used the pressure drop numbers at this site and looked at the curve charts for all the pumps so they are not exact. http://www.alliedpex.com/LITERATURES/PEX_Pressure_Drop_Table.pdf

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »

so maybe the e9 for the house? 007 or grundfos 15-58 for the other 2 applications? Are the B&G NRF-22 worth messing with? I am shying away from the plate exchanger because our water isnt the greatest and all my install "help" is only familiar with the traditional hardy setup

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

so maybe the e9 for the house? 007 or grundfos 15-58 for the other 2 applications? Are the B&G NRF-22 worth messing with? I am shying away from the plate exchanger because our water isnt the greatest and all my install "help" is only familiar with the traditional hardy setup

Don't have much faith in that coil for hot water on the hardy's, a buddy of mine has well water and had 2 of them plug up in 7 years! 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »

but on the plate exchanger dont you have to have clean water in your furnace as it is the same water you would bath and wash you clothes in? We have a lime problem but i dont think its to bad.

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 07:48:44 PM »

but on the plate exchanger dont you have to have clean water in your furnace as it is the same water you would bath and wash you clothes in? We have a lime problem but i dont think its to bad.
If you mean the same water coming out the faucet as circulating in the boiler the answer is no. The plate heat exchanger is doing the same thing the coil in the furnace is doing. Just in a different place.

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »

see i'm still learning. cost would be about the same to do either system ? plate would be more efficient? how do you figure how many plates you need?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »

if you leave your homes hot water tank in operation  you could use your coil in teh OWB to supply your home with hot water with NO PUMP

your homes cold water line would be hooked to one pipe of your coil and be pushed by the homes pressure system to the OWB and return hot and go into your homes hot water tank. by leaving yoru homes hot water tank on it would hold the temp  when no water was going through the lines. upon opening the hot water tap water would agin go to the OWB, there would be cool water in the lines  from not moving for a while but  that little bit of cold water going into the tank would not likley amount to much and the tank of hot water could absorb this cool water momentarily as the good hot water would be close behind.

at 5 or 6  gpm from your pipe you amy require all the btu it can deliver on a cold night to heat yoru home
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »

Do you already have the insulated pipe? If so is it all in one or 2 separate sets?

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 03:53:32 AM »

slosh, I have a H2 also and my loop is close to 500 feet going through 2 water to air heat ex. and I used 3/4 inch pex. This is a c/p of a post I made earlier on here

"Thanks for the replys, I ask the question at .ctwoodfurnace.com/ and was told that the taco 013 would work but the Taco 2400-20-WB Wood Boiler Series, High Capacity Circulators was what he recommended. This is what I ordered so when it comes in I will let you know how it works.
Thanks
Bull "

It is working great and I use the loop in the OWB for my hot water

Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »

RSI- I just have 4 individual pex pipes 3/4'' . Going to insulate them myself.
Bull- So my 180ft loop shouldnt be that bad. or if i just buy 1 bigger pump and run the 360ft through 2 hx's. My father in law has the loop hooked up about 250ft through 2 hx's on a taco009 for 4 years no troubles yet. Running his dhw with a 007 through the hardy loop. Was looking to get a good dry type pump to maybe last awhile and be more efficient.

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »

Furnace is 72,000 max btu its a mobie home(32x80) with electric heat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3