Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Z-Supply llc  (Read 12235 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Z-Supply llc
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

Just need to make myself clear before leaving, all the good wrapped pipe uses 100% plastic now and doesn't have that problem.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »

i am sorry if it seemed like an argument...i was just staing my beliefs with unerground piping as i see it...this forum is for everyone to put thier experiences out for everyone else to see so they may weigh what they read and make somewhat of an informed decision.

i respect your opinions very much as you and scott are dealers and install and sell much more pipe than i have ever seen. however before i bought my second round of pipe i searched on the net everywhere i could to find out about what other people thought of home made lines...foil backed lines...sponge like insulated lines and my search results from asmany forums as i could find all pointed to closed cell insulated lines for long life. if you search the net you will find many forums and many stories of failed underground lines the resilts i found were that most folks ended up with teh foam filled ones except for a few that just could not see paying the price and all said cutting more wood was a better option in their view ( i even thought that for a few years) but then i figured if i was losing 4 cords of wood a eyar that was a free year every 3..i bought the  foam filled pipe and it did in fact save me 4 cords a year (just what the central boiler dealer in my area had figured and i did not buy my pipe from him...felt a little guilty about that)

i know  there are many brands of insulated pipes and some wrapped ones are far better than other ones and they are generally all much cheaper than the foam filled...buyers ahve to weigh the cost and how well they will work against the next brand..i am just stating my experience with the two different brands i have had experience with, and from all my searching on the net. the results of my search put the  closed cell foam pipes Much more costly , but, work efficently for a much longer periond of time.

so with that i don't wish to be seen as arguing either..i will not post on this again either
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »

wonder how  much longer the outer pipe on the thermopex will last

It's plastic man, it will be there when your long gone buried and forgotten, both will fail if it gets a hole, but neither is simply gonna wear out in your lifetime.   
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]