Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: In floor heat zoning and proper boiler hook up questions  (Read 1308 times)

rsv101

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Johnson
  • OWF Model: Little John
    • View Profile
In floor heat zoning and proper boiler hook up questions
« on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »

On my cold start gas boiler i have two supply and two return ports. On left side I have my 50 plate heat exchanger hooked up coming from my wood boiler. Also on the left I have two zones one for domestic hot water and one for baseboard hot water heat. On the right side of my gas boiler it is hooked up to basement and garage in floor heat with two zone circs one for the basement and one for the garage. Would it better to tap into return of the wood boiler water and plumb in another plate exchanger or will the 50 plate on the other side of the gas boiler take care of everything more effectively?  I have attached a diagram to show how the in floor heating is hooked up currently, does it look correct? One pump is a grundfos 15-58 3 speed circ and is set on high speed it has ifc check valves in the pump the other pump is a taco 007-f5 and has no check valves in the pump or installed in the zone line.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: In floor heat zoning and proper boiler hook up questions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 04:44:13 AM »

The issue I see here is that you now are heating your cold start boiler constantly with your wood boiler, it is designed to be cold start to reduce stack temp losses in the off mode, you have negated that option, if you don't mind that loss then you are fine
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.