Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmor 100  (Read 6742 times)

JKY

• View Profile
Heatmor 100
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

I have a heatmor 100 and I am getting alot of creosote build up.  There seems to be a lot of moisture in the fire box too.  When I open the door the creosote drips out & sometimes it like tar.   I am burning seasoned fire wood.  Has anyone ever had this problem?

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Heatmor 100
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:07 AM »

You might try loading smaller loads of wood at a time ( not cramming it all the way full). Also it may help to have longer hot burns, basically running a higher differential between on and off temp. You could also run the furnace temp hotter. That normally helps with moisture in the firebox.   
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »

Seasoned doesn't mean it's dry.  The only way to check is with a moisture meter.

That being said, fill the firebox no more than 3/4 full and run longer burns by spacing your start/stop temperatures apart.  Creosote is inevitable, but it will eventually burn off.  My creosote is never tarry when I open the door, usually it's caked onto the door. 

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:48:52 PM »

As everyone has stated, run a bigger swing.  Like in the range of 15-20 degrees.  You could do it off at 175 and on at 155.   The longer hotter burn should help burn off the creosote.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

eco-extend

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41:16 AM »

does anyone have pictures of there 100 inside and out ? very interested in seeing one in action