Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Photo’s of G400 hookup  (Read 14076 times)

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: Photo’s of G400 hookup
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:55 PM »

No its running , I have ball valves on each side of pump and I can close halfway and you can here the water flowing and its moveing fast! I was wondering that maybe it's not supposed to transfer that high of a temp, but it hasn't bin cold enough yet to see what it does! Maybe it won't drop when its close to zero out maybe it will sustain that big load and hold at 170! What do you guys think of that!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »

In your pics, it looks like the pipe at the tee goes over the the pump on the left side of the boiler. I can really see anything else but am guessing after the pump it goes straight the the plate hx. Is that correct? Are there any other tees on the pipe? Does the pipe on the other port of the plate hx go straight to the relief port with no tees except the one for the relief?

Which way is it water flowing?

fireboss

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:33 AM »

The pipe and the flow  goes from the exchanger  down to the pump, down  about a foot then into a check valve , then into a tee into the bottom of the boiler, then out the top of boiler( not the relief) then back into exchanger! Then the wood boiler side flowing  in the opposite direction!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2015, 06:59:48 AM »

So I have looked at your pictures for a while, I can't see any reason for you not to be able to raise the boiler temp to within 1 degree of the owb if there is no load on the system. I know that you said the boiler comes up to 180 on the gauge  when the oil kicks on but I would like to find out if that gauge is accurate or not, it could be faulty and the aquastat on the boiler could also be over shooting the temp that it is set to on the dial. Do you have an infared gun to grab some temps? I really want to find out what the temps are before and after the flat plate on the oil boiler side. That would help us out. I believe that the reason you can't keep up still stems from the fact that you are trying to feed 4 zones (when it is cold out) with a 1" copper line from the bottom of the pump back to the oil boiler. I believe that is your underlying problem in not keeping up when it is cold.

fireboss

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »

Well again my bad info! It hasn't as everyone knows bin that cold at all its gonna be 70 here tomorrow! I might be jumping the gun here ! But when I put the hundred plate on and that gauge didn't go up to 180 like I expected  I was like one of those symbols  you guys put on here, banging my head against the wall lol! But on the other hand I haven't seen it less then 170 but all the zones wasn't calling for heat either maybe we won't find out this year! It will be a few days befor I can  get those temp readings my brother has my inferred! again thanks for all your help!

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »

Well when it does get cold and all the zones are calling because they need heat and they aren't getting it isnt the time that you want to try to figure this out. You can easily replicate cold temps by turning all three thermostats up so that they are all calling for heat at the same time. Then you can see what happens to the temp gauge. Remember to wrap the pipes with black electrical tape at the locations where you plan to use the infared gun to take the temps. Also place the gun sensor right up to the tape so that you don't get the gun reading other things as well as the pipe. Also try taking a temp reading off of a 'known' temperature pipe so that you can compare readings.

fireboss

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

That's true  I will post the temps when I get them! Merry Christmas to to everyone , and thanks to the big boys on here! with out them we would be in big trouble lol!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]