Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pump Size Confusion  (Read 6600 times)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Pump Size Confusion
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »

Thanks- 44,616 would be the design heat load. They have installed a 60,000 BTU furnace, which at 94% efficiency will yield 56,400 output. With 1075 CFM across the coil, you'd need roughly 110 degree discharge air to meet the sensible load. This would require only about 5 GPM at a 20 degree delta from 175* EWT to 155* LWT. Add a domestic load to that however, and we have a problem with very low return temps. If I were me, and I'm pretty sure I am, I would still splurge for the 26-99 and keep the flow rate up at 8-9 GPM. That way there are never any surprises to your boiler, and never any trouble heating the house and DHW simultaneously. I don't mean to spend your money, but the extra couple hundred bucks for a proper system goes a long way when you're risking mistreating a $10k+ boiler. Why gamble?

DBeleskey

• OWF Brand: Polar
  • OWF Model: G2
  • Novar ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 07:18:13 AM »

Thanks very much...believe it or not, that makes sense to me:)

I was still leaning toward the 26-99 but after reading your post, I am sure now. I agree, why play with trying to save a couple of hundred bucks and risk the investment on the furnace not working correctly. Then I would have to purchase the 26-99 later and eat the price of the smaller pump.
Thanks for the great explanation.
I feel more confident now.
Polar G2
580 Case
Kubota F2100
Stihl 028
Stihl MS261

Living the dream...
Near Novar Ontario Canada

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »

No problem, happy to be of assistance. Let us know when you get that thing fired up!

DBeleskey

• Novar ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 06:46:54 AM »

Okay will do. Just trying to figure out how long to leave the logstor inside the furnace for pump connections. Would make it easier to cut the insulation off before the furnace is set on the pad. Might get a better idea of what needs to take place once the pump gets here and I can see it and the flanges. Like I said before, i am new to this so i can't get a picture in my mind what it should look like and i have searched around for some pictures but can't seem to find any.
Polar G2
580 Case
Kubota F2100
Stihl 028
Stihl MS261

Living the dream...

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 05:23:31 PM »

I'm not familiar with the Polar but anything else you want as much insulation on the Logstor as you can muster. It's not all that tough to get the jacket off even in tight spaces, and then what I do is wedge two pipes or pry bars in the pex and pull one toward me while pushing the other away. It usually blows the foam right off the pex and there you have it. Could always wait until the stove is sitting there and pre-plumb the pumps and get it ready to connect, measure from the feet to the adapters. Then head to the pad and measure up the Logstor whatever that distance was, plus 6" and TAPE THE ENDS SHUT. Drop the stove over the top while making sure nothing binds and when set, peel 18" of jacket off (heh, jacket off- get it?), then mark and cut your tubing to the correct height. Make connections and fill with water!

DBeleskey

• Novar ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 08:41:10 AM »

Thanks for that suggestion. I have a small piece of pipe here that I can practice getting the "jacket off" on. Practice makes perfect :)

My pump will be here next week. I think if I leave about 6 inches of insulation on above the pad that it should be okay...I hope.
Polar G2
580 Case
Kubota F2100
Stihl 028
Stihl MS261

Living the dream...
Pages: 1 [2]