Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: G400 Metal deterioration  (Read 53657 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: G400 Metal deterioration
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2020, 01:50:59 PM »

Marty, you actually took the time to research what the membership levels of all those sites were? But you can’t find the time to read the first page of this thread even after accusing me of being the culprit!
Wow, just plain WOW, it’s time for a change!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »

But anyway, perhaps the person crying about the subject here should shut his yap about other people not helping the OP if he's not going to help himself. What was that old saying about a pot and a kettle again?

Well, if it's me your refering to, I am NOT a dealer for any brand or pretending to be an so called expert. I received valuable information and assistance from this site and the old outdoor boiler site years ago when I was getting started. People made these sites helpful, where someone like the OP could get some helpful information or advice. Not so much anymore. If I had the info or connections to HM that the good dealers here must have, I would be right in there helping him, but that's not what seems to be happening. I guess since he didn't purchase the unit from someone here he's on his own?
I posted on this thread not because I have the answer to his issues, but trying to get you back to the real reason , for me anyway, why most members joined here, to learn and to help others with their outdoor furnace.

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2020, 06:00:41 AM »

I was considering posting more, but things got out of hand. So I'll stick my neck out now.
The bypass door has warped, i don't think there's a good fix except for what he's done, bolting it shut. I don't know if the dealer sold as is or not, with it being older when sold. I don't know the story there.
The brick in the bottom has a gap around the top. The new ones do too, maybe a little narrower than what his picture shows but definitely not tight to the top. I can see a larger gap adding maybe a hundred degrees to the stack temps, but I'm wondering if some of the high stack temps he measured are with the smoke bypass leaking by.
The rough looking metal. I appears to me it goes past some welds, so I would think something really corrosive was in the firebox at some point rather than bad metal. The only thing I've seen flake up 409 SS was some salt water from a pool exchanger that leaked into the water jacket, but that was from the inside out. In this case I don't know and there's no way to go back and inspect it before it was burned, which was why I suggested seeing if he could trade it in.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2020, 08:19:50 AM »

But anyway, perhaps the person crying about the subject here should shut his yap about other people not helping the OP if he's not going to help himself. What was that old saying about a pot and a kettle again?

Well, if it's me your refering to, I am NOT a dealer for any brand or pretending to be an so called expert. I received valuable information and assistance from this site and the old outdoor boiler site years ago when I was getting started. People made these sites helpful, where someone like the OP could get some helpful information or advice. Not so much anymore. If I had the info or connections to HM that the good dealers here must have, I would be right in there helping him, but that's not what seems to be happening. I guess since he didn't purchase the unit from someone here he's on his own?
I posted on this thread not because I have the answer to his issues, but trying to get you back to the real reason , for me anyway, why most members joined here, to learn and to help others with their outdoor furnace.

My reference was not to you at all, but SlimJim and his agenda. I apologize if it sounded like I was pointing fingers at you. Slim has this tendency to babble on and on about nothing, blaming everybody else for things he could easily take care of himself. A "pot stirrer" if you will. So his ramblings here about nobody else helping the OP when he himself is only hurting the OP by rambling, gets under my skin and I'm sure I'm not the only one

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »

Really Darin, I’m rambling, I saw the door and recognized the problem HeatMaster product, none of you HeatMaster guys recognized it or would help, now with it being a larger thread, perhaps HeatMaster won’t blame the homeowner as they did originally and will replace the problem boiler, what gets under your skin is that again you missed the issue and I didn’t!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Eldon, good call, exactly as I said before, now, if you paid for a stove expecting a working smoke bypass, would you not want it to work properly?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »

Thanks for all your help Marty, I’m some darn glad that you are so impartial and fair as the only moderator.

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »

Really Darin, I’m rambling, I saw the door and recognized the problem HeatMaster product, none of you HeatMaster guys recognized it or would help, now with it being a larger thread, perhaps HeatMaster won’t blame the homeowner as they did originally and will replace the problem boiler, what gets under your skin is that again you missed the issue and I didn’t!

I believe you have me confused with someone else, and I have no dog in this fight. I do however, find humor in your ridiculous antics and that is my sole reason for commenting. Everything I've seen you say in the couple years I've been here has been some sort of lunatic agenda against Heatmaster, for whatever reason. I own a Heatmaster and have had very good luck with it, nothing further.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »

Nope, I’m afraid not Darin but that’s ok.
On another note, Shepard Boy sent me a personal message, let’s just say that the respect I once had for him has been restored, Thank You Shepard Boy and have a happy retirement, go catch some fish with the young uns.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2020, 02:44:23 PM »

So I spoke with ticapa this morning and an offer has been made but we both agree that it might not be a good deal, what is a guy to do when a manufacturer knowingly sells a problem model boiler and then wants to nickel and dime the customer?

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »

Thank You Crow, I have complained to the one and only Moderator in several ways as well as multiple times but it seems that he doesn’t remember his own rules of engagement or perhaps those rules don’t pertain to HeatMaster guys! Let’s hope that ticapa has a more productive conversation with HeatMaster corporate than we have seen on here!

Have you used the “report to moderator “ feature?

That’s what got you in trouble before, other members reporting your posts. Try it, it does work.

Last week I was absent as the plague or Black Death went thru our household.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:08 AM »

Oh yes Marty, as you know I have used it and sent messages as well but you don’t seem to care when your associates come after me or someone complains about a HeatMaster.
Sure glad you are feeling better.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2020, 07:13:31 AM »

Oh yes Marty, as you know I have used it and sent messages as well but you don’t seem to care when your associates come after me or someone complains about a HeatMaster.
Sure glad you are feeling better.

And for this I do apologize, I used to get a message like “you have reported posts” when I logged in or refreshed the page, that feature doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Offending members will be warned.

It appears it’s been at least two years since the forum software has been updated, I don’t have the required permissions or access to do this.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:18:20 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2020, 07:40:25 AM »

Apology accepted for that, now how about a little chat with Darrin Pryzbilla AKA Wreckit and Jonathan for their comments on here as well!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »

Thanks for the follow through RSI
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7